Denon AVR-S710W autowitching to audio TV

rastosk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I have got 2 days old receiver (unfortunately my old denon 789 retirered after 8 years),and when i turn it on to watch tv i press cbl/tv(input 1) it works fine but after like 10 sec. it automatically switching to another input TV audio. then i have to switch back very annoying!
Does anyone else experience this problem

Last edited:
it started to be happening after the new firmware update

I have the same problem - Samsung TV tells the Denon to switch to TV/Audio through the ARC HDMI connection. Haven't figured out a solution yet.

Turn TV AUDIO SWITCH off within the HDMI settings and it will prevent the AUTO switching associated with ARC from occurring. You will however have to manually select the TV audio input whenever wishing to access audio via ARC.

Turn TV AUDIO SWITCH off within the HDMI settings and it will prevent the AUTO switching associated with ARC from occurring. You will however have to manually select the TV audio input whenever wishing to access audio via ARC.

That would be jus fine! Is that HDMI setting in the Denon?

Or is that a setting on the TV? Will dig in the menus again tonight

Maybe my Denon needs a firmware update that will give me that option. I haven't tried to fix this in a while...

Many thanks!

Edit - checked both menus, could not find.

If it helps my receiver is the 3313.

Would really appreciate any assistance finding that setting. Thanks again,

- Dan

Last edited:
That would be jus fine! Is that HDMI setting in the Denon?

Or is that a setting on the TV? Will dig in the menus again tonight

Maybe my Denon needs a firmware update that will give me that option. I haven't tried to fix this in a while...

Many thanks!

Edit - checked both menus, could not find.

If it helps my receiver is the 3313.

Would really appreciate any assistance finding that setting. Thanks again,

- Dan

The AVR3313 predates this feature.

Looks like I'll have to keep switching to cablesat each time I turn on the TV. Wish Denon would fix this with a firmware update...

Looks like I'll have to keep switching to cablesat each time I turn on the TV. Wish Denon would fix this with a firmware update...

It isn't a fault and part of the HDMI CEC and ARC standards. It isn't or Dennon to fix it although they have included a means by which to turn off the auto source selection on more recent models.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom