Denon AVR Now has No Test Tone

rkruz3

Novice Member
Reaction score
My Denon AVR-4500h now suddenly has no Test Tone (part of the Setup menu) on any of the nine speakers or two subs. It used to work fine. I have done a hard reset, and still no Test Tone. I have taken it to Denon Service Center and paid to have it repaired...they said Test Tone was working fine. I use Test Tone to make individual speaker adjustments to my liking after an Audyssey calibration, for example, to bump up the center speaker. I used to do this all the time with Test Tone (A hiss, actually. Otherwise, everything seems to work, the AVR decodes ATMOS and provides audio on all speakers and subs but no Test Tone when using the Setup menu.
Have you ever heard of this issue?.

Pull the plug for 10 minutes

My Denon AVR-4500h now suddenly has no Test Tone (part of the Setup menu) on any of the nine speakers or two subs. It used to work fine. I have done a hard reset, and still no Test Tone. I have taken it to Denon Service Center and paid to have it repaired...they said Test Tone was working fine. I use Test Tone to make individual speaker adjustments to my liking after an Audyssey calibration, for example, to bump up the center speaker. I used to do this all the time with Test Tone (A hiss, actually. Otherwise, everything seems to work, the AVR decodes ATMOS and provides audio on all speakers and subs but no Test Tone when using the Setup menu.
Have you ever heard of this issue?.

Try turning the main volume up.
The test tones do not play at a fixed level so if the main volume is too low you will not hear anything.

Actually you do not need to hear the tones to increase/decrease the levels. You can look at the screen and raise lower the trim by +/-dB.

Last edited:
Try turning the main volume up.
The test tones do not play at a fixed level so if the main volume is too low you will not hear anything.

Actually you do not need to hear the tones to increase/decrease the levels. You can look at the screen and raise lower the trim by +/-dB.
Thank you. That was it. The Master Volume knob had gotten turned CCW somehow. I didnt realize until know that it was a Master and not controlled in the Setup menu. Thank you so much!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom