Denon avr handshake

fintan watters

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have my sky Q box connected to denon avr2300 by hdmi barc and at times when I switch on my sky box the denon doesn't recognize the signal so no picture on my LG OLED TV, when I switch off the denon the TV recognises the signal and I get pick and sound any ideas

Yes 3 type of hdmi I suspec t that the sky box is responsible, but it works fine

I don't have a Denon but I do have a similar handshake issue with the Sky Q box when it's routed through my soundbar.

I have to switch on the TV first, wait about 30 secs, then switch on the Q box. Handshake then works.

No handshake issue if the Q box is connected directly to the TV, but then I have lip sync issues on 5.1 audio.

I don't have a Denon but I do have a similar handshake issue with the Sky Q box when it's routed through my soundbar.

I have to switch on the TV first, wait about 30 secs, then switch on the Q box. Handshake then works.

No handshake issue if the Q box is connected directly to the TV, but then I have lip sync issues on 5.1 audio.
At what stage do you turn on soundbar

Lots of threads about this issue ...
All point to an issue with the SkyQ box - needs a firmware update apparently but not yet ready.
I had the same issue - my 'work around is :
Turn on the DENON - wait for the 'loud click (technical term !) select the TV button - usually CBL
Then turn on the Sky box ...
All should be well.
I turn my TV on at anytime as it is simply connected to the DENON via the monitor port (no ARC).
Hope that might help ...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom