Denon AVR and wireless rears via HEOS?

Tomnook80

Hi all
Not sure if this is a daft question. I'm currently running a small 5.1 setup in my external games room and want to bring something similar indoors for my living room. I've never heard a decent soundbar and I have solid oak flooring that I won't ever be taking up so don't have the option of running speaker cables to rear speakers. Equally I do not want any sort of trunking, no matter how minor, running around the room. I'd ideally like a Denon 2700/3700 as my AVR with wired front speaker but wireless rears. Am I right in thinking due to having HEOS built in, I could use compatible rear Denon wireless speakers to have two wireless rears, or have I got this idea muddled? If so I'll go back to the drawing board.
Cheers in advance.

dante01

Distinguished Member
No, Denon don't facilitate using wireless HEOS speakers as surrounds. Yamaha do allow you to use MusicCast speakers as surrounds, but Denon don't allow you to integrate their HEOS speakers into a surround setup using one of their conventional AV receivers. The only time they've allowerd this is with their more wireless orientated HEOS AVR model:

As said, you'd not be able to do this with the X2700 or the X3700 though.

Tomnook80

No, DEnon don't fascilitate using wireless HEOS speakers as surrounds. Yamaha do allow you to use MusicCast speakers as surrounds, but DEnon don't allow you to integrate their JEOS speakers into a surround setup using one of their copnventional AV receivers. THe only time they've allowerd this is with their more wireless orintated HEOS AVR model:

AS saidm you'd not be able to do this with the X2700 or the X3700 though.
Thank you. Wondering if it's worth me considering Yamaha in that case. Cheers again

dante01

Distinguished Member
The use of MusicCast speakers as surrounds if using a Yamaha model isn't well regarded. Many have related problems with the setup if using MusicCast speakers as surrounds.

Tomnook80

Sadly I suspected that might be the case. Hmmm, perhaps a rethink is needed. I really don't want to give in to the Sonos Arc ecosystem especially since no support for DTS.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom