Denon AVR-A100 Zone 2 and BiAmp Main Zone?

sapphirenick

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Am still loving my AVR-a100 but I have just added a zone 2 stereo kitchen speaker, but I can't find a way to have my set up working with Zone 2 when my main zone is bi-amped.

Here is how I have mine connected:

In my main zone, I have a 5.1 set up, but with the fronts Bi-amped. I therefore am using 7.1 for the main zone.

As I have a 9.2 amp, I was expecting to be able to assign the final 2 amplifier channels to zone 2.

I have the Fronts connected to Front l/r for the Low Frequency and Surround Back l/r for the High Frequency.

For the zone 2 set up, I have tried connecting them to both Front Wide and Front High but when I select this, I do get zone 2 to work, but the High Frequency disappears from the front bi-amped speakers.

Have I connected this incorrectly or is it just not possible to bi-amp my front speakers and have Zone 2? Before I ordered the kitchen speakers, Denon told me that I could do this as it was a 9 channel amp, but now that I have chased their tech team for a solution, they aren't coming back to me, so I wonder if anyone here can help me?

All the best

Nick

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom