For Sale Denon AVR-A100 Receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by JGM, Feb 5, 2014.

1. JGM

JGM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    It may have taken me a week to respond to a 'Wanted' ad but I'm over my initial reluctance to sell and can offer my Denon AVR-A100 Receiver to all and sundry. It was bought new by me in July 2011. It's the 100th Denon Anniversary Edition of the AVR-4311.

Or as Denon puts it;

"The AVR-A100 is a 9.2 Channel A/V surround receiver that not only offers DENON LINK 4th, high-bit i/p conversion and scaling, but also features Advanced Connectivity, Network Audio, Photo Streaming and an interface that enhances your level of entertainment pleasure. The AVR-A100 Receiver also includes a special edition block condenser, a higher-grade speaker terminal with a gold plated in/out, and cast iron footing to stabilize sound quality.
    The Signatures of Quality.

The AVR-A100 gloss finish front includes Denon’s special edition 100th anniversary logo badge, and comes with a 5-year warranty and a signed certificate of authenticity from the chief production engineer who hand crafted the product. Also included is a beautiful Denon “brand book” that explores the history of one of the leading names in the audio-visual field."
    The rest of the blurb is here; DENON UK | AVR-A100

It has had the Airplay update and I've got the original box, manual, remotes, mic, certificate of authenticity e.t.c. that it came with. It is in unmarked condition. I've tried to photo the front as best I can without disconnecting it and taking it out of its cabinet. The photo actually makes the front look dusty but is in actual fact the paint which is a Gloss Black Metallic finish which I didn't know about until I shone a torch on it.

I'd want £650 for it collected (North East Cheshire) which would be my preference as it would allow me to show the unit working in all its 11.2 glory. Delivered price would be £675.

John

Price and currency: £650
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: Bank Transfer or cash on collection

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. JGM

JGM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    No reasonable prices found so far unl4ess I'm prepared to insure it for £50.

It looks like the best that I'm likely to do is around the £25 mark given the value and weight.

I'll also change the asking price to £750 delivered and £725 collected.

3. diddydavid

diddydavid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    WOW I would love this if only I could afford it. GLWS.

4. JGM

JGM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    David

Thanks for the bump. it saved me having to switch on my PC. This lack of an app is pushing up my electricity bill and has decimated my AVF time. I'd like to think that this is the reason that I have yet to receive any offers. Either that or I've over-egged the premium somebody will pay for this over an AVR-4311.

With the latter in mind. I'm dropping the collected price down to £650 and the delivered price to £675. If the buyer is within a reasonable distance of me, say 60 miles, I'm happy to deliver for petrol money and more than happy to help with the set-up. Should there be enough time, I will throw in an Audyssey Pro calibration of the unit.

John

5. diddydavid

diddydavid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Hi John

When I know how much bonus I will recieve in Febs pay packet I would love to put a sensible offer on this unit. I will keep you informed.
    David

6. JGM

JGM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    Monday morning bump

7. JGM

JGM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    This is obviously not of interest to anyone for which I blame the demise of an app rather than the my price.

I'm going to archive and probably try later in the year.

John