Denon AVR 540BT wont power on /off with sky Q remote

velvet99

had my back lights on my 55 Panasonic changed and put the unit back together excatluy the same way and at first the HDMI 1 would not give audio with sky q . ARC from Denon avr to panasonic hdmi2 ARC. before this worked perfectly. tried all sorts of set ups in tv menu and Sky Q menu + remote.
So then decided to run the sky q via 4k HDMI into the Amp hdmi marked cable and ARC from Amp to TV. So finally got great pic and audio however the problem now is the sky q remote turns the tv and Q box on and off but not the AVR whereas before it did all three .. So any ideas folks and am i right in connecting the sky q to the AVR via hdmi and then arc from the amp into HDMI 2 on Panasonic. It works but would like to get the amp to turn off and on using sky q remote like it did before
many thanks

DavidT

Make sure CEC is turned on on both the AVR and TV, check that the AVR is setup to accept an ON command from the TV.

velvet99

Thanks David I have looked at the amp and tv for CEC but do not have this. All I have is ARC and the settings in both tv and amp to my knowledge are correct. I do not understand how when i connect back up exactly as it was before it went into repair now the amp does not turn on/off using the Sky Q remote. Do you think it is a coding issue with the remote? many thanks

DavidT

Thanks David I have looked at the amp and tv for CEC but do not have this. All I have is ARC and the settings in both tv and amp to my knowledge are correct. I do not understand how when i connect back up exactly as it was before it went into repair now the amp does not turn on/off using the Sky Q remote. Do you think it is a coding issue with the remote? many thanks
You do, its called HDMI control in the AVR

Panasonic call it Viera Link.

velvet99

Hi David thank you for all your help. I have checked the AVR and it is on but i have at the bottom of this menu Pow.Off Control and the options are All Video or Off. It is set to ALL. I have checked the TV and Viera settings are on. I will follow the Denon manual procedure and see if that works and let you know Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom