Denon AVR 4311 Replacement

mark8par

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a replacement for a Denon 4311? I realise things may have moved on a little since I purchased it, like Airplay 2 etc. I am running this with Monitor Audio Apex and Rel Sub as a 5.1 system and do not have any intention of buying more speakers.

I am not looking to spend the same amount of money I spent on the 4311 (kids are bleeding me dry) but I was wondering if I can get something thats a great spec for less?

Thanks
M

Yeah I forgot that part.

Not entirely sure to be honest, off the top of my head Im thinking about £1000 or less but it will also depend on features etc. If I need to spend a little more to get more for my money, I would certainly consider it, on the other hand if I could spend £700 and get a top amp that would please the Mrs more lol.

The 4311 was no slouch, so I'll assume you'll want to get as close to that as possible and maybe stick with either Denon or Marantz because of familiarity. I've looked at prices on Peter Tyson and the following make sense.

Denon X3500 £639.
Denon X4500 £1029.
Marantz SR7012 £849.

My choice would be the Marantz as it is something of a bargain in this company being reduced from £1700. Better than either of the Denons for music and on a par with the 4500 for film. Both Denon and Marantz have Audyssey XT32 as the room EQ, a step up from the 4311. The Marantz and the Denon 4500 are basically the same under the skin but Marantz have a more musical heritage and is reflected in their HDAM circuitry.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom