• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR-4310 vs. AVR-3310 a difficult choice

Sunzi

Standard Member
Hi,

I am about to replace my Onkyo 504 to something which should keep me going for a while.

At the same time I would like to avoid the obvious trap to buy the biggest box just to be sure I haven't missed out anything. Looking at the impressive feature list of the 4310 reveals:

Audyssey DSX - not needed
HDCS decoder - no idea what this will really do for me?
D/A converter in differential scheme - Can I tell the difference?
A/D converter 192kHz - More is better but...
Ipod dock - I use Creative Zen
Denon Link 4th. - What is the impact on the jitter control?
2nd HDMI - not needed

However, 2.9 kg of extra weight might indicate a stronger power supply resulting in more "punch".

So what is the honest recommendation other than "if you can afford it go bigger"?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Sunzi

harry_houdini

Prominent Member
Hello mate,
You've almost answered your own question as is seems there are alot of features that you don't need. But, if you can, try and give them both a listen as thats the only way you'll know.

I bought a 3808 but again was wondering was it worth going up to the 4808... but I must say that I'm pleased with my purchased and saved £600! :thumbsup:

dante01

Distinguished Member
The AVR3310 is worth a punt, but the AVR4310 isn't really worth the money. You'd be better off looking at the cheaper Yamaha Z7 rather than the Denon AVR4310.

Sunzi

Standard Member
@ Harry Houdini,

It is more that I do not want to miss out a stron argument in favor of the 4310 I haven't spotted so far. There must be something to justify a 40% price increase.

@ Dante 01
Well the Z7 plays in another league alltogether.
I do not exactly know the street price of the AVR-4310 but the Z7 sells for 2300€.

More opinions?

Sunzi

dante01

Distinguished Member
@ Dante 01
Well the Z7 plays in another league alltogether.
I do not exactly know the street price of the AVR-4310 but the Z7 sells for 2300€.

The Z7 is roughly £1500 here in the UK, while the Denon AVR4310 is close to £1900. Both amps are very comparable feature wise and I therefore regard the Yamaha as being better value for money.

Sunzi

Standard Member
Hi Dante,

That is very interesting indeed.
The AVR-4310 has a recommended list priceof 1999€ here in Germany. The street price is somewhere 14xx€ and 15xx€.
The Z7 can be found for ~2300€

In comparison: The AVR-3310 sells for 1000€-1050€ (in a shop not IN)

I always wondered the pricing strategy of some companies.

Example:
USA: Panasonic TC-P54Z1 3679$ => 2502€
Germany list price: => 6299€
Germany shop price: => 4600€
Germany Internet (low ball) => 4444€

I like Yamaha but found the Denon offering more appealing.
So my question is what extra value is in for me if I would put 400€ more on the table for the 4310 in comparison to the 3310.

Sunzi

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom