Denon AVR-4308CI Vs Denon AVC-A11XV Vs AVP-A1HD Vs A11SR VS A1SR All First Rate reference outstanding Models!!!

marcd5123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I owed my Denon 4308 scene December 2020 purchased it from a private seller in virtually mint condition. I owned several Denon amps over the past 25 years being Denon 3803-3805 and X4100W.

Out of all those amps the 4308 more or less wipes the floor with them sonic wise. To the extent that I can honestly say the 4308 is by far the finest AV AMP iv ever owned its that bloody good!!. I listen to alot of 2-channal audio with my current Marantz SA-15S1 Player and they together an absolute dream team the sonic quality of the 4308 is nothing short of outstanding its that fxxing good.

Possibly because of the very special "Advance AL24 Processing Plus" DAC's it uses which was exclusive to this model and the it's bigger brother....

Anyhow... How does the Denon AVC-A11XV A compare as its a few year before the 4308 came out which was 2007-08.

Any idea would the Denon AVC-A11XVA be night and day difference sonic wise. Remembering the 4803 was around £2K + when it came out.

Be great to here some comments with folks that have owned these amps.

The 4308 has HDMI 1.3a which surports Lossless Formats such as Dolby True HD & DTS-HD Master which is a must. Also the 4308 has HDMI-CES a pre-runner to ARC uses 2 cables but it works. 😊👍

AL24 Processing Plus I think exists on most of the Denon kit.

The AVC-A1HD is sort of a joint successor to the A1XV and A11XV. It is a very nice bit of kit.

The 4308 was replace by the 4310 which in turn was replaced by the 4311.

If you can get the A1HD at a good price it is also fantastic. The pedigree of that line is all good though. The A1SR still sounds amazing today.

Upvote 0
Hi @Jase Well oddly enough I was one of those folks that absolutely loved the electroluminescent remote control when I got my 3805! Draw dropped and drolled like Homer Simpson.. Lol. Very very cool indeed. How I new Denon has issues with them hence not long after 3806 was released and remote is half and half. Each to their own I suppose on that front but yes the remote did eat battery's up. I still love it and glad Denon did that at the time it absolutely smashed the the competition wide open I still have all the review magazines from the time. Pretty much every magazine and review could not rate the 3805 enough anyways.

Some very intresting comments here and comments I will definitely be taking note of.

I am very familiar with Avs Formus US cousin website. And Audioholics.

Btw guys I follow this fantastic gentleman from Brooklyn New York name is Steve Gutenberg and not the guy from Police Academy lol😂. He used to write for Stereophile & CNET up until the 00's I believe he is absolutely first rate and his channal is worth subscribeing to. He does a daily show on all sort for "real hifi".

I absolutely highly recommend him.

The remote was quite funky but eventually parts of it became unresponsive. Was pretty expensive to replace as well, although not quite as much as the Aktis remote that came with the AVC-A1SE and A1SR.

If you're looking for another Denon then I'd suggest the AVC-A1HDA with all the available upgrades. Might be a bit tricky to find but that's the one I'd go for out of all those mentioned.

Upvote 0
Hi @shug4476 Yes the AL24 processing Plus is present on majority of Denon units.

However their is a major or big enough difference when Denon fitted "Advanced AL24 Processing Plus ". It only appeared on the 4 series of 2007 and A1HD.. Also what was enique to the 4308 is WiFi and DAB. After the 4308 Denon removed both.

Its with the very speical DAC's fitted uniquely on the 4 Series of 2007 and A1HD made it very speical just like the AVC-A11XVA for its reasons.

That's why I deliberately went for the 4308 as Denon started to cut corners and remove items from then on if you look at the 4310 you can see it they even removed the realy nice badge at the top of the unit and just place it on the front lid cover instead . Apart from 5308 or A1HD.

When I playback any of my CD and or SACD's you realy start to notice a huge difference in the acutal sonic ability of this particular amp. And separates the standard AL24 Processing Plus vs Advanced AL24 processing Plus. It feels like some sort of super DAC. The acutal clarity and huge sound stage. Dynamics and depth of sound stage. However the very focused full bodied midrange and very pin shape yet very detailed focus on the top end can be pretty striking. I surpose that's the sort of quality you get with the higher end of these units. So the AVC-A1HD is one I certainly going to keep my eye out for. I will never sell the 4803 I have now I will keep that as a spare it far to good of an amp to just get rid of. It took me time enough week months to actually fine one of more or less mint Condition with very little use.

I will be getting rid of my 2015 X4100W for sure on ebay at some point soon or the classified add on avforums to claw back the money I spent on the 4308.

Attachments

• IMG_20210413_023304.jpg
    IMG_20210413_023304.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20210412_183941_com.manualslib.app_edit_10319723698424.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412_183941_com.manualslib.app_edit_10319723698424.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Yep - 4308 a great bit of kit. Measured well in bench tests too. I think they're still on Paul Miller's website.

Upvote 0
The Denon AVP-A1HD is a processor only - it does not have any internal power amplifiers. It is a fully balanced design, one of the very few in the AV processor world. However, it was not without its design flaws. HDMI was not implemented well and the digital board has a tendency to fail (see the many, many posts about it on AVS Forums).

The A11XV, as I have alluded to on your other thread, is a much better device on the whole than the 4308, but it is less flexible and has fewer processing and connectivity options. On pure sound quality, there is no contest.

I agree with the assessment above that the A11XV is probably the last 'good' powerhouse Denon built. After that point a series of regulations were introduced in Europe that imposed environmental and other constraints on constructions which, in my view, worsened product longevity and sound quality.

The A1SR, whilst very long in the tooth, also still gives fabulous sound quality if you can live without HDMI.

The main problem with ALL the Denon kit is that Denon provide appalling aftersales support and withdraw servicing almost the very second they are legally entitled to. A lot of A1HD users, despite spending many, many thousands on their kit, have found Denon have washed their hands of providing spare parts etc.
Resurrecting this thread because I fear my longstanding a11sr is dying. I have serious distortion on the left front channel that seems to be from the amp. I have absolutely loved this amp and got around no hdmi by feeding it with optical links.
If I write off the amp do you think I should buy modern or pick up one of the amps in that generation that seem to have been at a high watermark for denon?

Upvote 0
Resurrecting this thread because I fear my longstanding a11sr is dying. I have serious distortion on the left front channel that seems to be from the amp. I have absolutely loved this amp and got around no hdmi by feeding it with optical links.
If I write off the amp do you think I should buy modern or pick up one of the amps in that generation that seem to have been at a high watermark for denon?

Is the distortion still there when using pre outs?

Upvote 0

If you can find an A11XVA, it is well worth the investment. A11SRs still come up used and tend to go for under £100 these days. So if you wanted a straight swap, that is also feasible.

Upvote 0
I don’t normally use the pre outs. I have a stereo amp (an arcam) but it’s separat. Are you thinking I should route the front channels through it to see?

Worth a shot. Could be l/r dac faulty which case pre and out effected but could be faulty mosfet

Upvote 0
Well my Denon AV-4308 is still fireing on all 4 cylinders!!! Still one very classy absolutely outstanding peace of hardware!!!. I also recently managed to purchase a more or less mint Denon DVD-3930 and boy what a incredible unit that is. It's nothing like it's precesor 3910 that's for sure. Denon completely reworked the entire unit from the ground up and majority or 90% of the parts used are from the DVD-A1XV. The internal DACS are absolutely first rate very high end Audiophile grade. The Denon Link on the 3930 used with the 4308 will blow your socks off!! That's for sure.

So any of the Denon AMPS produced/made from 1999 to around 2008 in my opinion are most certainly the ones to go for. Denon DVD - A1 /A11& 3930 these are the units you want.

If you need the most upto date technologies then obviously that would have to be anything from around 2013 onwards with regards to 4K HDR, Dolby Vision ect Atmos otherwise if you dont realy need any of that and you want to go for the Audiophile grade build, Audiophile grade sound and components then this particular period is certainly Denon /Marantz Arcam golden period for that.

Just some of my thoughts on the matter. 😎👍

Upvote 0
Well my Denon AV-4308 is still fireing on all 4 cylinders!!! Still one very classy absolutely outstanding peace of hardware!!!. I also recently managed to purchase a more or less mint Denon DVD-3930 and boy what a incredible unit that is. It's nothing like it's precesor 3910 that's for sure. Denon completely reworked the entire unit from the ground up and majority or 90% of the parts used are from the DVD-A1XV. The internal DACS are absolutely first rate very high end Audiophile grade. The Denon Link on the 3930 used with the 4308 will blow your socks off!! That's for sure.

So any of the Denon AMPS produced/made from 1999 to around 2008 in my opinion are most certainly the ones to go for. Denon DVD - A1 /A11& 3930 these are the units you want.

If you need the most upto date technologies then obviously that would have to be anything from around 2013 onwards with regards to 4K HDR, Dolby Vision ect Atmos otherwise if you dont realy need any of that and you want to go for the Audiophile grade build, Audiophile grade sound and components then this particular period is certainly Denon /Marantz Arcam golden period for that.

Just some of my thoughts on the matter. 😎👍

If you want Audiophile grade and components you go AV seperates and hifi separates

Upvote 0
@rccarguy2 ..Hi well to be honest that's very subjective... Yes that's true. However for me having these components give Audiophile grade quality. At the end of the day in my view you definitely don't have to spend ridiculous amounts of money to obtain pretty decent sonics. Iv learnt that my self in my experience. I changed alot of my equipment to these components after have some more recent Denon equipment and the equipment I have now was way ahead of what I had.

As stated before in my view and option you certainly can get pretty decent Audiophile grade quality with either separates and or AV based equipment. You just need to do some research or homework and find the best models and period to go for that's for sure. It's a very subjective subject and each to their own. Iv read listened to sooooo many comments and views for years now and folks will argue till the cows comes home. My view is do what you feel is best for your environment budget ears and just take folks reviews as a guide to help you make up your mind. After all it's going to be your ears at the end of the day going to be spending hours listening to the equipment.

"Audiophile" is term not a marker far to many people seem to thing Audiophile you need to meet some form of Hifi quota that's absolute rubbish and not true its got such a stigma attached to it . If someone has personally had these types of equipment them self's first hand and had a chance to compare them then at least that was will be a fantastic "objective" review again.. Rather than subjective. Its and old story that will never die and be argued for years.. But hey life would be absolutely boring if we all agreed on the same things all the time. I try and have learnt over the years never to false ones opions on others it's so easy to do. 🙂👍

A11SR and A1SR may be long in the tooth now and okay some of the technology may be out of date but thsoe particular Denon AV Amps are still renowned to be Denons Swan Song!!. They are certainly give outstanding quality for what they are. A11SR go for around £150-160 or so on ebay and A1SR go for around £350 and £400 at times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks all for your thoughts. I’m going to further investigate if it is the amp that is at fault. I would love to keep going with the avc 1sr as it sounds so good with home cinema. I use (infrequently) an Arcam 8, also from the old days, for phono and cd. For 5.1 I’ve never been convinced about the concept of hd sound but that is probably opening up a can of worms. A good DTS surround soundtrack through the beast of the denon is as good as I could want. I’d hate to spend loads of money on an amp that would deliver an inferior sound

Upvote 0
@cmondetown

C
Screenshot_20210818_180134_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
heck this out this went a few weeks back. To be honest that's a bloody good deal!!! For what this is is.

I did not grab this simply because I purchased a Denon DVD-3930 which was a few years newer DVD- 3930 was 2007-08 A1XV was around 2003-4.

Essentially the all the hardware in the A1XV was transferred over to the 3930 more or less 90% of it or in the US model was DVD-5910 I believe.
Denon fitted the 3930 with much newer and more powerful chipset. Alot of folks we're let's say rather very annoyed as the 5910 US model or UK/EU model A1XV cost we'll over £2.5k and the 3930 still pretty expensive Was around around £1.3k and only realised a few years later with more or less the same hardware...

Anyhow my point is definitely the A11SR or its bigger brother A1SR like the DVD A1 or A11 with added SACD compatibility still give amazing results. All these units had very high quality DACs fitted into them at this leval. To my knowledge sadly the AV market has changed alot and the days of the classic "format wars" have long gone it peaked around 2007-08 from memory so all these brands Denon, Marantz, Sony QS & ES ranges and Arcam Diva and FMJ ranges were trying to out do each other with regards to hardware and build quality hence why these particular models are still in 2021 sort after and still given such very high regards in the community.

Their has simply not been any drive for that in years now and I feel that's why all the major brands have simply not bothered anymore spending the money it's all streaming online.

I'm 41 years now and I remember that period so well it realy was such an amazing time and period for hifi and AV enthusiasts like myself I do badly miss those days.

I don't think we are likely to see those days agian not like that anyway. I could be wrong I simply can't see it happening personally.

Upvote 0
Thanks all for your thoughts. I’m going to further investigate if it is the amp that is at fault. I would love to keep going with the avc 1sr as it sounds so good with home cinema. I use (infrequently) an Arcam 8, also from the old days, for phono and cd. For 5.1 I’ve never been convinced about the concept of hd sound but that is probably opening up a can of worms. A good DTS surround soundtrack through the beast of the denon is as good as I could want. I’d hate to spend loads of money on an amp that would deliver an inferior sound

I agree - SD sound done 'well' is far better than HD sound done 'cheap'.

The A11SR is still a very nice bit of kit.

Upvote 0
@cmondetown

CView attachment 1557264heck this out this went a few weeks back. To be honest that's a bloody good deal!!! For what this is is.

I did not grab this simply because I purchased a Denon DVD-3930 which was a few years newer DVD- 3930 was 2007-08 A1XV was around 2003-4.

Essentially the all the hardware in the A1XV was transferred over to the 3930 more or less 90% of it or in the US model was DVD-5910 I believe.
Denon fitted the 3930 with much newer and more powerful chipset. Alot of folks we're let's say rather very annoyed as the 5910 US model or UK/EU model A1XV cost we'll over £2.5k and the 3930 still pretty expensive Was around around £1.3k and only realised a few years later with more or less the same hardware...

Anyhow my point is definitely the A11SR or its bigger brother A1SR like the DVD A1 or A11 with added SACD compatibility still give amazing results. All these units had very high quality DACs fitted into them at this leval. To my knowledge sadly the AV market has changed alot and the days of the classic "format wars" have long gone it peaked around 2007-08 from memory so all these brands Denon, Marantz, Sony QS & ES ranges and Arcam Diva and FMJ ranges were trying to out do each other with regards to hardware and build quality hence why these particular models are still in 2021 sort after and still given such very high regards in the community.

Their has simply not been any drive for that in years now and I feel that's why all the major brands have simply not bothered anymore spending the money it's all streaming online.

I'm 41 years now and I remember that period so well it realy was such an amazing time and period for hifi and AV enthusiasts like myself I do badly miss those days.

I don't think we are likely to see those days agian not like that anyway. I could be wrong I simply can't see it happening personally.
Many thanks! Tonight I have double checked the amp and speakers and the left front channel is definitely had it. It is also a bit of a hassle having to connect up an old CRT portable TV to properly access the menus to adjust things, although I expect that will be the same with the other amps of that time. I've wondered about picking up an old arcam av amp like the diva 350 which is also very cheap these days, but I think it will struggle to impress me after the a11sr

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have owned both the Arcam AVR-350 and the Denon AVC-A11XV (the successor to the A11SR).

There was simply no contest. The Denon was better in every respect.

Upvote 0
That's really helpful to have confirmed, thanks.

If I am being totally honest I would have preferred to keep the A11XV and sell my Arcam AV9 / P7 setup. The only reason I did not as the remote control is a horror and the amp is relatively complicated to use. Give my wife likes to listen to records and the radio, that settled it.

However, the A11XV really is a fantastic piece of kit, even in stereo and especially with vinyl (I was amazed how good the MM phono stage was).

They do not come up often, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
If I am being totally honest I would have preferred to keep the A11XV and sell my Arcam AV9 / P7 setup. The only reason I did not as the remote control is a horror and the amp is relatively complicated to use. Give my wife likes to listen to records and the radio, that settled it.

However, the A11XV really is a fantastic piece of kit, even in stereo and especially with vinyl (I was amazed how good the MM phono stage was).

They do not come up often, unfortunately.
I was never convinced with the stereo performance on the A11SR for music, hence holding onto an arcam for stereo, but for surround it has been fabulous. I'll have to see if I can hold out for an XV or hope that there is a fix somehow available for the amp

Upvote 0
@cmondetown Hi, Buddy 😊From memory the Arcam AVR 300 was pitched up agenst the ground braking Denon 3805 Denon won that war by a mile!! (2004-05) On all sides I know I still have my 3805 from new boxed up as a backup just can't being my self to sell it. However some have argued that the Arcam AVR300 did a better job for 2-channal... Arcam AVR300 was a big deal for Arcam and it also won awards. The AVR350 is essentially the same unit just next generation with HDMI.

For Denon it was 4806.. Then Denon smashed it once more with the 4308 which blew pretty much all the competition away.

Iv seen many A11SR for sale on ebay they tend to sell for around £150 - 175 for a almost mint unit.

DVD-A1 are definitely still sort after and last one I saw sold for around £300 a month ago. I would have considered that however the lack of DSD SACD decoder was a deal braker for me. Why Denon did not fit it at the time is a strange one. However their replacement unit DVD-A11 did have have they are soooo rare!!.

I would personally stick with either DVD-A1XV Or DVD-3930 best units and they both use Denons far superior "Advanced AL24 processing Plus" not the standard "AL24 processing Plus" don't get that wrong it's a big deal as far as DACS go. Denon only made these available on a few upper-end models in the 2007-08 ranges it was short lived hence why each time a DVD-3930 And or Denon 4308 comes on ebay they sell pretty quickly. Denon stopped using the higher end DACS from around 2009 upwards. The 08 range was the last breed and pretty speical definitely check out what folks have said on the sister site AVSForums and you will see just how popular that range was.

Arcam are great definitely but at that particular period Denon /Marantz pretty much ruled the AV market for quality build and sonic terms.

Its with checking out a Arcam AVR 350 and and or A Denon 4306 or 4308ci. Denon fitted both thsoe units with their "Advanced AL24 processing Plus" DACs that's what cost alot of the money the AVR-4803 was over a £2K receiver at the time of launch 2007!. The DVD-3930, DVD-A1XV and AVR-4803 were fitted with the same quality DACS. The US AVR-5910 was the UK/EU version of 4803 I think or the 5803 along those lines. The US used different numbers for their models. Its all published on Audioholics website or Avforums. Plenty their anyhow.

For me snapping up a near mint Denon AVR-4803 & Denon DVD-3930...has possiblely been the finest Hifi gear iv ever purchased and Iv owned quite a few components over the years. Aside from owning my Marantz SA-15S1 which I still have from 2007 when I brought that new.

They both are a power house of a combo using analogue DACS and Denons Denon 3rd Link Generation for SACD Raw bitstream transfer to the AMP quality is out of this world it was soooooo advanced for its time we forget.. And even in 2021 how many other manufacturers have still not been able to equal that technology now. Yeah sure DACS have changed and gotten better with time but to be Frank these units are getting so very hard to get now in decent condition. You have to do alot of reading research and keep an eye on ebay or Hifi Shark website be ready to hit that bid button it buy it now as these units sell so very fast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was never convinced with the stereo performance on the A11SR for music, hence holding onto an arcam for stereo, but for surround it has been fabulous. I'll have to see if I can hold out for an XV or hope that there is a fix somehow available for the amp

Yes I know what you mean - it is a universal failing of AV kit that it cannot do stereo well.

Upvote 0
@cmondetown Hi, Buddy 😊From memory the Arcam AVR 300 was pitched up agenst the ground braking Denon 3805 Denon won that war by a mile!! (2004-05) On all sides I know I still have my 3805 from new boxed up as a backup just can't being my self to sell it. However some have argued that the Arcam AVR300 did a better job for 2-channal... Arcam AVR300 was a big deal for Arcam and it also won awards. The AVR350 is essentially the same unit just next generation with HDMI.

For Denon it was 4806.. Then Denon smashed it once more with the 4308 which blew pretty much all the competition away.

Iv seen many A11SR for sale on ebay they tend to sell for around £150 - 175 for a almost mint unit.

DVD-A1 are definitely still sort after and last one I saw sold for around £300 a month ago. I would have considered that however the lack of DSD SACD decoder was a deal braker for me. Why Denon did not fit it at the time is a strange one. However their replacement unit DVD-A11 did have have they are soooo rare!!.

I would personally stick with either DVD-A1XV Or DVD-3930 best units and they both use Denons far superior "Advanced AL24 processing Plus" not the standard "AL24 processing Plus" don't get that wrong it's a big deal as far as DACS go. Denon only made these available on a few upper-end models in the 2007-08 ranges it was short lived hence why each time a DVD-3930 And or Denon 4308 comes on ebay they sell pretty quickly. Denon stopped using the higher end DACS from around 2009 upwards. The 08 range was the last breed and pretty speical definitely check out what folks have said on the sister site AVSForums and you will see just how popular that range was.

Arcam are great definitely but at that particular period Denon /Marantz pretty much ruled the AV market for quality build and sonic terms.

Its with checking out a Arcam AVR 350 and and or A Denon 4306 or 4308ci. Denon fitted both thsoe units with their "Advanced AL24 processing Plus" DACs that's what cost alot of the money the AVR-4803 was over a £2K receiver at the time of launch 2007!. The DVD-3930, DVD-A1XV and AVR-4803 were fitted with the same quality DACS. The US AVR-5910 was the UK/EU version of 4803 I think or the 5803 along those lines. The US used different numbers for their models. Its all published on Audioholics website or Avforums. Plenty their anyhow.

For me snapping up a near mint Denon AVR-4803 & Denon DVD-3930...has possiblely been the finest Hifi gear iv ever purchased and Iv owned quite a few components over the years. Aside from owning my Marantz SA-15S1 which I still have from 2007 when I brought that new.

They both are a power house of a combo using analogue DACS and Denons Denon 3rd Link Generation for SACD Raw bitstream transfer to the AMP quality is out of this world it was soooooo advanced for its time we forget.. And even in 2021 how many other manufacturers have still not been able to equal that technology now. Yeah sure DACS have changed and gotten better with time but to be Frank these units are getting so very hard to get now in decent condition. You have to do alot of reading research and keep an eye on ebay or Hifi Shark website be ready to hit that bid button it buy it now as these units sell so very fast.
That’s so helpful…loads to digest…many thanks 😊

Upvote 0
@cmondetown Hi All, From memory a realy decent condition A11XVA did come up on ebay around 4 months ago and it was complete. Without original box I think it sold for around £250-300 I think definitely worth the money.

Absolutely agree this is definitely worth keeping and I out for it from around 2006 so just before Denon launched the 08 series. Their are some on ebay but as ussal alot of these particular amps of that period have become very popular for folks to buy and the prices have become inflated because of that some tend to be selling to much over the price they should be. Not all but some.

Their is another DVD-A1XV on sale on ebay low however its ridiculously over priced and its battered! You could barter with the seller and try and grab it at a reduced price it's £385. So you could tell the seller same unit went for £350 almost mint. Their is also another selling for £600 which is ridiculous and obviously you not going to pay for that.

Their have been 2 DVD-3930 went up on ebay in recent weeks both went within days of each other. These are 100% the units you want to grab they are becoming it far of gold dust or mega rare in these types of conditions. I grabed mine 3months ago same price and its 100% complete hardly used and still had the factory plastic cellophane cover on the display how rare is that. So I grabed it the same day it was listed.

I spoke to the seller and what's been happening is folks from Asia /Japan are snapping these units up from UK/EU and selling them at inflated prices back in Japan. Simply because they know how a rare these models have become and now interest in Hi-Res audio is at a big demand folks are buying these very units because of the very high quality DACS that's we're fitted at the time. We'll I believe that possibly the reason why...

Theirs been a big Resurgence in SACD'S... And steaming hires audio with bluray audio FLAC files and DSD (DFF & DSF) files I think I got that correct and these Universal players were not built as a run of the mill players.

Denon fitted 3 PSU into DVD-3930 and DVD-A1XV they both have a completely separate PSU to drive the analogue DACS directly!!! On a completely separate board. Hence these players using Denon Link 3rd Generation can pass via CAT6 cables pure RAW Bitstream signals to the AMP...

So absolutely no conversion what so ever along the way. Majority of players have to convert DSD/Bitstream signals to PCM format.

So these units have those options. How amazing is that.

Denon dumped the inferior Ilink or aka Firewire connection after the DVD-3910 and A1XV units instead pursuing Denons own Denon Link as it was technically way more advanced and could allow for very high bitrate signals to be transfered. Using 1 CAT6 cable.

Their is HDMI however at that time it was only capable of transferring PCM signals and sadly not multi-channal DSD signals I believe it was the bandwith limitation to HDMI rev 1.3a. Denon very quickly amended that with Denon 4th Generation which could pass Dolby True HD & DTS Master which also included DSD Bitstream by 2007 models. Some history their anyway. It realy was such an incredible period for technology souch was going on so exciting. 😊👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819_121159_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20210819_121159_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20210819_121231_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20210819_121231_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
The DVD-A1XV is also a very nice bit of kit, but Denon optical drives can be notoriously unpredictable and D&M do not offer much in the way of product support.

Denon Link 3 is the way to go if you have a compatible amp. It is a shame they phased it out of the newer kit.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom