• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DENON AVR-4306 or Onkyo TX-SR608

barsam

Standard Member
Hello all.
I just need some opinions and some help to decide.
I have to different setups in 2 different places because of movement, but I have decided to go back to my original home and upgrade my system a little bit.
So, what I have now is:

Setup1:
Receiver: Denon AVR-4306
Speakers: Klipsch RF-10, RC-10, RS-10 (subwoofer which I don't recall the model, but it's a very nice one)
TV: Old Sony LCD (going to be replaced by TV from Setup2)
Projector: Epson TW1000

Setup2:
Receiver: Onkyo TX-RS608
Speakers: Teufel Columa 200
TV: LG LED 47" 3D
Receiver: Dreambox 500HD
Server: Linux server with PLEX for all my media

For my New setup (suggestions are very welcome), I already got a DVDO iScan Duo for my video source management so the video part of the receiver is not important. I also got an Oppo 103u to be the Blu-ray and media player. From Setup1 I am keeping the speakers and the subwoofer and I am going to replace the projector with the Epson TW9100. From Setup2 I am keeping the TV, the Dreambox, and the server. I may also keep the Teufel SubWoofer and 2 speakers, to convert the 5.1 to 7.2, although I don't know if it's a good idea.
So my dilemma is with the Receiver. Which one is more suitable for my new setup (taking into consideration that it will only serve as audio processor)? Or should I get a new one like Onkyo TX-NR818?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom