1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon avr-38802: i think i am stuck on standby mode!?!?!?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ghst1941, May 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ghst1941

ghst1941

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    today i tried to turn on my tv and all but when i turned on my receiver it would go off a few seconds later. So basically i turn on the plasma screen, the dish box, and then i tired to turn on the denon receiver. It would stay on for about 5 seconds then turn off again. Then the on/standby light would flash. I determined that it is in standby mode. So if any one can tell me how to abort standby mode, or what the problem really is that would be great. - thanks

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Hi

Sounds more like it's in protection mode and shutting itself down for a reason. Doublecheck all your speaker connections and cabling for any loose wires that may be touching the casing. If everything is ok then you could try a processor reset which involves holding down a couple of buttons on the front panel whilst turning the power on (doublecheck the manual under Re-Initializing the Processor for the button press combination). Bear in mind this will reset everything back to the factory settings so you'll have to re-input all your speaker distances, channel levels etc etc.

If after all that it still shuts down then there maybe an internal fault that needs looking at.

3. ghst1941

ghst1941

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help but i went through the manual and it says nothing about processor reseting or Re-Initializing the Processor.If you can give me the button combination that would be great.- thanks

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Hold the AUTO and PCM buttons down on the front panel whilst turning the power on. Hold them for a few seconds and the display will flash. Let them go and you'll have reset everthing to the factory defaults. :)

Should be on Page 36 of the manual under section 14. ;)