1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GliderRider, Sep 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. GliderRider

GliderRider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why do my Bose headphones sound better on my iPod than on my 3805. What options do I have to adjust the sound?
    The same is also true when I listen to Stereo through my KEF Q7's, I need to use the sub to get decent base, but this sometimes sounds too boomy.
    My ancient JVC Amp and Celestion UL8 Speakers deliver a solid sound, granted this is with some EQ adjustment.
    Watching DVD in DD 5.1, the sound is awsome, no complaints there.
    Am I missing something.
    Cheers

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    The purest sound would be to use the Pure Direct mode and you can also defeat the sub output in this mode if you wish. You also have the option of using the EQ with this mode but it has to be enabled in the setup menu's (Direct Mode Setup).

For Stereo Mode you can also adjust the bass and treble if you wish. This isn't available on the Direct/Pure Direct modes.

You can also tinker with the manual EQ as well but this is a basic equalizer and not parametric like the Auto EQ system.

3. GliderRider

GliderRider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Thanks Jase, didn't know you could do this. (The manual is not great). I'll try this tonight.