denon AVR-3805:5.1 and two stereo speakers?Is it possible without another amp?

H

havaaudio

hi. I'd like to ask if it s possible to connect two stereo speakers to my denon avr3805 without using another preamplifier or amplifier. I've connected two speakers on surrback/multizone, totally on the right of the amplifier.
what should i do to get a signal from the aplifier in that point.
I've connected it to B surr speakrs and there it works so if anyone owns this amplifier and is using it for hometheater and seperately for music, please write me.thx
Mark

You need to assign the Power Amp to either Zone 2 or Zone 3. It's in the System Set Up Menu. Then you need to assign the input for the Zone to "play". On your remote press Zone 2 (till it is lit) or press again for Zone 3 to light, then select the source (CD, DVD, etc). If you are on Zone 3 the volume will change with your main volume. Zone 2 can be set at any level but becomes idependent of the master volume. Whatever source you have chosen will now play, so long as your source is an analogue input. It will not assign and route and decode digital signals to your extra pair of speakers.

thank you very much! In fact i've done evrything you said but i did not realize that the volume one zone 3 had to be adjusted separately.now it works...it had worked before too but the volume on zone 3 was off.
So thx anyway.bye

Malice said:
Whatever source you have chosen will now play, so long as your source is an analogue input. It will not assign and route and decode digital signals to your extra pair of speakers.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a question about routing to other zones. I'm looking at the 3806 and connecting to my HCPC soundcard via the spdif coax. From reading the above, I won't be able to route the spdif to zones 2 & 3, only to the master zone 1????

If the 3806 has the same limitations as the 3805 then yes. Zone 2 and 3, analogue sources only.

Cable Monkey said:
If the 3806 has the same limitations as the 3805 then yes. Zone 2 and 3, analogue sources only.

Thanks for the info - I suppose I could also run analogue from the sound card.

Yep, and the amp will take the SPDIF for the main zone and analogue for 2 & 3.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom