1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon AVR 3802 Update Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ChrisOfTheOT, Nov 6, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ChrisOfTheOT

ChrisOfTheOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My dear brother has the above amp, which has gone faulty. (The volume skips plus or minus twenty-odd notches, rather than one at a time.) When he phoned the dealer about the guarantee repair, he was told they'd do it (obviously) but that there was a chip upgrade available FOC. He asked why, and they didn't know :eek: - just that there is one!

I've seen the thread about "SE" updating on another Denon amp but no one mentions the 3802 (or explains what "SE" is! :blush: ). Has anyone else had this upgrade offered, or know what it's all about?

Cheers,

Chris

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    There are no updates for the 3802. The SE that is mentioned in other threads is for the A1SR/KA1SE Denon Link - Second Edition.

The chip that the dealer might be referring to could be for some of the older Denon models (1602/1802) that had a problem with EX flag encoding on some DVD's and needed to be sent back to Denon for fixing.

About your brothers volume problem, does it jump even when you turn the volume knob slightly?

3. ChrisOfTheOT

ChrisOfTheOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure about the volume, I think he said it was only when using the remote control, but I may be wrong. I'll let you know.

The update thing looks like a dealer error, then. If my brother (Michael) has already sent the amp in, and is set for a long delay (as some of the A1 customers seem to have had), only to discover there was never a need... Oh my!

Cheers for the info, Jase,

Chris

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    You have to watch the remote as one quick touch will increase the volume 1db at a time, hold your finger on the button though and it will rocket up (or down) pretty quickly.:eek: :D