1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon avr-3802 TV sound problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Labrea, May 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Labrea

Labrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have recenly set up my Denon avr 3802 system and i am having a problem trying to get any sound from the tv to come out of the surround speakers in any mode,
    ie:Trying to get the sound from the football to come out the surround in pro logic.
    If anyone has any advice regarding cable types i need and settings it would be greatly appreciated.

2. dbeamish

dbeamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    how is the tv connected to the amp?

3. Labrea

Labrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connected via s-video & phono leads.

4. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    once your on the right input channel on the Amp (or wherever you plugged the cables into TV/VCR for example), press the auto button on the AMP, that should at least try and get the best option (or flick through till get to stereo using the left hand side wheel). If not check the cables? or plug in another sound source into the input. Where is the sound coming from a set top box or straight from the tv?

5. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    If sound is coming out of speakers but not much/any from the rears then it could be just an issue with ProLogic

Prologic is a rather old algorithm which compares the right and left channel from that then tries to create the others. No algorithm method comes close to a true 5.1 source but the rears in my experience have always been the weakest element.

There have been 2 revisions of Prologic - Prologic II and now Prologic IIx both are significantly better than the original but imo DTS Neo 6 sounds the best. If your amp supports any of these formats then you may get better effect - I personally also prefer the rears slightly lounder than the autosetup sets mine to

6. Labrea

Labrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connection is being made straight from the tv.
    Im getting sound from every other component cd/xbox/dvd.
    Thanks to everyone who has replyed so far

7. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +888
    Are you getting any sound at all from any of the speakers? If not, then some TV's need to have their internal speakers switched off before their analogue outputs become active. Check this in your TV's sound menu. On the Amp, make sure you've selected the input that the TV is connected to e.g TV and that the amp is set to AUTO.

8. dbeamish

dbeamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    so the input to the amp is an output of the TV, and its defiantely going into an input on the AMP. And then you have selected the correct channel on the AMP e.g. TV or DVD or whatever?

Are you sure the TV is definately outputting anything from those outputs? Not turned off in a manu is it?

9. Labrea

Labrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have managed to get the sound from the tv how i want it now,I needed to have the video recorder on and change the line output on the video menu to get it to do this but hey its working.
    Thanks for all the replys. :thumbsup: