Denon AVR 3802 Receiver problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MALC12, Feb 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. MALC12

MALC12
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a three month old Denon AVR3802 reciever.

Since wednesday night when it decided to shut it self down while in use I have had a flashing red stand by light.

This according to the instructions is the protection circuit and switching the reciever off and waiting a while should reset it.

I have disconnected all speaker leads and input/output cables and reset the microprocessor (as per instructions) but still on switch on all I get is about 2 seconds of the display and then off it goes to leave the flashing standby light.

I have left the reciever unplugged from the mains overnight,this doesnot help.

Is there any one who has had a similar problem with Denon who can give me some information/help on my problem.

Malcolm.

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,306
    Take it back to your dealer, who should send it back to Denon.

You´ve tried all the options I would have suggested. Sounds like there could be an internal short somewhere??

If its only a few months old, they should replace it with another under warranty.