1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR 3802 or ADV 700

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by zippo4, Nov 9, 2001.

Tags:
  1. zippo4

zippo4
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As a complete newbie I would appreciate any advice on these two. Aside from the price what is the better product and why?

Thanks

Paul

2. simonrossi

simonrossi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I don't know about the other amp you're considering, and I'm no expert.
    However I just got the 3802 (gold looks much better than the black imho) from krish electronics in chiswick for £649!
    I think its fantastic. I have only owned yamaha amps before but I'm so pleased I whent for the denon. Fantastic value for money.
    Pro logic 2, DTS ES discrete, easy setup via on screen menu's and the sound is to die for. Plenty of power, I couldn't be happier.
    the only thing I don't like is the remote. Very cheap and tacky looking, and quite confusing, i think its trying to do too many things. However i also purchased a Marantz 5000i universal remote, and once I have it all programmed that will be a far more stylish substitute.

Regards

Simon

3. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,211
    Hi ,
    What speakers are you running off the Denon 3802 ?
    Are you pleased with the sound etc ?

I am just about to buy the amp also, before it runs out i think !

Thanks
    Kev

4. simonrossi

simonrossi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running, quite unusually, my old faithful JBL 4410 studio monitors. Sound fantastic with the denon!

5. camelpooh

camelpooh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Denon 3802 on Saturday from Krish for £649.

I am very pleased with it. I think you cant go wrong for the price. I heard a Yamaha AX1 at a friends house recently and wasnt that impressed. The Denon sounds a lot better. The controller was a bit frustrating at first but now I've got used to it its not so bad.

I am running it with Tannoy M series speakers and an REL sub. I have connected my other sub via the main out connections next to the sub output.

Does anyone know is this a reasonable way of connecting two subs to the 3802 as it only has one subwoofer out ?:p