Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon AVR-3802 and multiple inputs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jalpert, Jul 15, 2003.

Tags:
  1. jalpert

jalpert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may be a dumb question, but is it possible using a Denon AVR-3802 to listen to two audio inputs at the same time. For example, I have a software app on my computer running that I need to hear sound for, but I also want to listen to music from my cd player at the same time. Any help would be appreciated!

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    You can use the multiple room feature for this.

Set up your system for 5.1 as normal (can't have 6 or 7.1 though :rolleyes: ) and then connect a pair of speakers to the 3802 surround back outputs and set them up as multi room from the set up menu. Tell 3802 to play from CD and PC for other room.
    Or use the tape outs to feed a pair of PC speakers and set 3802 to output CD while 'recording' PC (this gives you the option of 7.1 :cool: )
    So it is possible, but as far as I know, not through the same speakers.

Mark.

3. polaco

polaco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use the the 7.1 external input, connect the CD to the front left and right channels, and the PC to the, say, surround back left and right channels. You won't be able to use DPLII or similar on the music, though.