1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR 3801

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Belamos, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Belamos

Belamos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Readers

Im currently in the process of trying to put a home cinema together so far ive just the tv a panasonic 36pf10. Now ive got the picture im going for the sound. Ive choosen the amplifier the denon avr 3801 but im having a real hard time choosing the speakers to go with it. Ive got up to and possibly just over a £1000 for some speakers which have to be magnetically shielded as the room theyll be going in is small and will end up close to th tv. So any Ideas will gratefully be recieved.

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    Hi Belamos,

Mission do a range of shielded speakers including the floorstanders: http://www.mission.co.uk/m70_range.htm

Try to demo before you buy though.

I'm not sure of the sub, but What HiFi are doing a buyers guide on subs in the December issue, so you may want to have a look at that. I like the Paradigm PDR10 which I think is fine for a small room, especialy if placed near the listening position. The one up from that is the PS1000. Both are available from Riher Sounds.

Out of curiosity, what made you choose the 3801 over the 3802?

Gary.

3. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My sentiments exactly, perhaps it's a cost thing as it is will most people, myself included.

But why the 3801 when I hear great things about Dolby Pro logic II on the 3802?

Not to despair, but I know the 3801 kicks preverbial butt anyway, it's not like you've bought a duff amp.

Regards