Denon AVR 3801

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by m4rkyboy, Apr 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. m4rkyboy

m4rkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pricing this amp on the 'net and getting prices between £599 and £800. According to this month's HCC review, it retails at £800. Are the £599 version just crap grey imports. Is there any way to safeguard against getting one, or is it a bit of russian roulette?

2. pauld

pauld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased my 3801 from Canterbury Hi-Fi in Kent who are authorised Denon dealers for £649.99. There are alot of grey imports around from people like SDB and the likes so just ask and be careful. I think that John Lewis are still doing price matching so print out a quote from the best price on the net and take it along.

3. Steverol

Steverol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered my Denon3801 from Unbeatable.com and am still waiting but I never even thought to check whether it was a UK version. What exactly is the difference between a UK and a grey import? :eek:

4. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get a delivery date? do they have stock?

cheers
    Mike

5. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    i'm seriously thinking about buyin a 3801. I was going to buy from SDB, but if these are grey imports then i'll have to reconsider. Does anyone know any dealers doing a good price on UK models, as £600 was about my limit?

Cheers

Ian

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine from BOS electronics in Ruislip for £599. They were advertising for £650 but I quoted SDB's price and they matched it. Got a 2 year manufacurers warranty as well. They advertise in HCC. :)

7. ronski

ronski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had mine delivered yesterday from Hot Kit. Ordered at 4.30pm Thursday and arrived the following day at 12.20. Good price at £569. They can be found at www.hotkit.co.uk

cheers

ronski

8. m4rkyboy

m4rkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mailed Richer Sounds in Ireland and they told me that their store in Belfast is selling the 3801 for £649.95. If Belfast is doing this deal then all Richer Sounds shouldbe doing the same. Strangely this amp isn't mentioned on the Richer Sounds website. :eek:

9. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    ronski, I went to hotkit but couldn't find the 3801. If I do a search for denon then all that xomes up is the TU260 tuner.

Do you have a direct link?

10. ronski

ronski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, should have mentioned that I just phoned them direct (number on website)

Cheers

ronski :D