1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DENON AVR-3801

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by polo, Jun 3, 2001.

Tags:
  1. polo

polo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all,I'm thinking of getinng the DENON AVR-3801 but it says it is 105 watts but my speakers are only 100 watts the Mirage AVS-500 does this matter Because I do not wont to damage the speakers
    hope someone can help,polo :cool:

2. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The rated 105 Watts/channel (probably into 8ohm load) is a maximum continuous power output. It will peak higher than this for moments during use when driven approaching and at full wack. Check your speakers are rated 100 Watt continuous or 100 Watt RMS. This is also just one channel, or perhaps in the case of Denon it will be a stereo pair. With all channels driven it will not be able to output anywhere near 100 WPC continuous.

So these speakers will be fine. Lower rated speakers are also fine, as long as the volume is kept well down. Higher rated speakers tend to be harder to drive so you need to wack up the volume to compensate.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Ive got the denon avr-3801 & it's a great amp.As to your question,I'm not really familiar with your speakers tho' it is commonly stated that you are more likely to damage speakers by cranking up an amp thats to weak rather than an amp thats to powerful.
    I'd think youre speakers will be just fine
    tho' maybe someone with knowledge of you're speakers will either confirm or deny there suitability.

4. polo

polo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers :) :( :D

5. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah im using a 3801 and fs2 speakers and they are about 50w i think and they go loud enough for me

M