Denon AVR-3700H startup question

mgdillen

Novice Member
So I an a newbie and got a Denon x3700h. I have been reading threads and I have a couple questions About the unit.

1) i have “last” chosen for volume level on startup and the volume is extremely low every time I start. Why is that? It may be because of question 2

2) I like all my speakers on so I have to force all zone stereo for this to happen. When I turn off the unit it defaults to stereo. Is there a way to save multi zone setting so I don’t have to pick it each time I turn on the unit?

3) I have read others say to set the music buttons to Dolby surround or Neural X Instead of using multi zone To use all the speakers. Only problem is when I do that my surround and surround rear speakers do not have any audio.

any help would be appreciated or if there are other threads I should be reading please let me know. So far I like the unit but want to get the best out of it and it sounds awesome when all the speakers are on. Just would like to have them on all the time in whatever setting that needs to be.

Dasiz

Firstly, how many speakers do you have?

if i'm reading correctly i believe you are setting the receiver to be using 'multi channel stereo' (i may be getting the name wrong slightly here). generally you wouldn't not use this mode as you are only getting stereo across all speakers. To achieve the 'proper' home cinema sound, you would use one of the other settings as you suggested, so Dolby surround or Neural X. The rear\side speakers would not constantly produce sound as the front 2 and centre speaker would. These speakers will produce the 'surround effects'

Not sure the answer to your initial question though.. i just have my receiver set to volume -60db when powered on

mgdillen

Novice Member
I have a 7.1 setup. Ok I understand that the surround speakers may not produce sound constantly and is based on the content. I just like having all the speakers on regardless of content. My old receiver I just set it for all speakers to be on at once.. I think it was “all channel stereo”. And then for use change it to dolby or something else. Does this receiver not have an equivalent of all channel stereo?

mgdillen

Novice Member
I think I may have figured it out. There is a multi channel stereo in music, movie etc… I thought that was the same as multi zone stereo. I will test some more but I think I figured out question 3 on my list and possibly part of question 2.

Dasiz

The mode you are looking for is - Multi CH Stereo
Using this mode with movies kinda defeats the purpose of having an AV receiver, you will be bypassing all sound features and be merely listening to stereo

mgdillen

Novice Member
The mode you are looking for is - Multi CH Stereo
Using this mode with movies kinda defeats the purpose of having an AV receiver, you will be bypassing all sound features and be merely listening to stereo
I usually watch a lot of sports so I like multi CH stereo. If watching a movie I’ll change it to Dolby or another selections.. there are some new ones on this receiver that I didn’t have on my old one so it will be fun testing them out to see which ones are best for movies. any suggestions?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom