Denon avr 3600 display issues (gt50gt) but have sound via arc?

bam27beer

hi so just moved and disconnected my amp labelled the inputs and outputs, so back to where they came from ,
issue is i've no picture to my tv Panasonic gt50gt ,
got 2 hdmis running to the tv , 2+3 ,usually set on 2 ,
sound comes through the amp ,from tv or sources but no display and cant get the menus as well ,
tried both hdmi's connected the ps5 and shield and they display ,also displays via the projector ,have tried switching the outputs between the projector and tv ,
annoyingly tv sounds comes out through the amp
any help

hi so just moved and disconnected my amp labelled the inputs and outputs, so back to where they came from ,
issue is i've no picture to my tv Panasonic gt50gt ,
got 2 hdmis running to the tv , 2+3 ,usually set on 2 ,
sound comes through the amp ,from tv or sources but no display and cant get the menus as well ,
tried both hdmi's connected the ps5 and shield and they display ,also displays via the projector ,have tried switching the outputs between the projector and tv ,
annoyingly tv sounds comes out through the amp
any help

Is HDMI 2 an ARC connection? It sounds like you are getting Audio back from the TV, but no video for some reason. If using ARC, you will not get any menus from the amp shown as there is no video signal going from the amp to the TV.

Try switching ARC off.

bam27beer

I'm sure it is ,bit delayed only get a chance to play at the weekend, it was originally In there ,but now can only display on hdmi 3 ,the strange thing is if I change the player on Vieira tools ,it turn on the ps5 and changes to hdmi 4 though that has no cable to it and the ps5 is connected to the denon 🥺

gibbsy

Are you selecting AV HDMI 2 on the Panny's settings. I would turn ARC off on both the Denon and I would connect the Panny up by optical for audio. I've had trouble with two Panasonic sets and two different Denon amps with ARC.

The PS5 needs to be connected directly to the TV because of pass through problems. You will lose HD audio via optical. I'm not a gamer so my knowledge is limited.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom