Denon AVR 3313 Rec out query

d1gby

Novice Member
Hi I have a Denon AVR 3313 Rec out query.

I am in the process of trying to add a Bluetooth transmitter to my 3313 so I can listen to SkyTV/streamed music/PS4 on Bluetooth headphones at night without waking the house.

My challenge is that it seems the headphone socket may be faulty as I only get audio on one channel (right). The transmitter works straight off my CD player so I know the kit works.

I thought I’d be able to get something working using the Rec out sockets and attached an RCA to phono lead to the transmitter. This works but it seems only with my CD player source. The 3313 let’s me choose sources for cbl/Sat and Blu-ray etc so I’m unclear why audio from those sources won’t pass through. Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Your receiver predates the ability to convey audio accessed via HDMI to a second audio zone. If using the zone 2 outputs to ontput the audio to the Bluetooth tramsmitter then you'd not be able to output any audio accessed via HDMI via those outputs.

From the manual:
In ZONE2 or ZONE3, the digital audio signals input from the HDMI, COAXIAL, OPTICAL connector or Denon Link HD cannot be played back. When playing back in ZONE2 or ZONE3, make an analog connection.

Last edited:

d1gby

Novice Member
Your receiver predates the ability to convey audio accessed via HDMI to a second audio zone. If using the zone 2 outputs to ontput the audio to the Bluetooth tramsmitter then you'd not be able to output any audio accessed via HDMI via those outputs.

From the manual:
Ah balls.. Close but no cigar - Thanks @dante01
I'll try a new phono cable / adapter in case I can get a better fit and that solves it.

d1gby

Novice Member
New phono lead and the headphone socket still only outputs the right channel.. How big a job is getting a headphone socket repaired? Any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom