Denon AVR-3313 owners thread

mojo1080

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got mine in the post , looks really expensive compared to the 3312, the front looks very discrete but high end .looking forward to having a good mess with it at the weekend if i get time ( I'm living at the mother in laws until we move on the 27th) can't wait to see how the multi hdmi matrix works:cool: i'll get some pictures up later

Picking mine up tomorrow morning, getting it for a bargain basement price of £849 too!!!

Can't wait :)

Picking mine up tomorrow morning, getting it for a bargain basement price of £849 too!!!

Can't wait :)

Really?

I'd make sure the retailer is selling you an EU model and that you are not buying a USA grey import. That price is well below what would normally be expected.

Normally I would be sus about the price too however they are on the Denon retailers list. This is a one off price at mates rates.

Normally I would be sus about the price too however they are on the Denon retailers list. This is a one off price at mates rates.

In that case you've got yourself a bargain. :smashin: This is the first amp I've seen for several years that I'd actually like to own :)

Well I've had Denon amps for the last 10 years currently on a 4306 so looking forward to the latest offering. I love the 4306 it has been a great amp, not sure whether to keep it for another room or take the £200 odd which its about worth these days.

Well I've had Denon amps for the last 10 years currently on a 4306 so looking forward to the latest offering. I love the 4306 it has been a great amp, not sure whether to keep it for another room or take the £200 odd which its about worth these days.

Denon are set to launch the Denon AVR4313 soon so look out for that one. The AVR4313 looks like it will be something special.

Last edited:
Picked mine up an hour ago. First impressions out the box is its lighter than my 4306 and I never noticed the embossed standards labels in previous pictures.

Plugged it all in and it immediately found a firmware update which it is running through now, said 29 mins to update? must be either a slow server or process as I have a 50Mb connection!

Once that finishes I will do the mic setup and report back, I'm technically working today :) so will have a proper look this evening.

In the meantime attached (hopefully) are unboxing pics ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0126[1].JPG
    IMG_0126[1].JPG
    299.5 KB · Views: 1,140
  • IMG_0127[1].JPG
    IMG_0127[1].JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_0128[1].JPG
    IMG_0128[1].JPG
    224 KB · Views: 970
  • IMG_0129[1].JPG
    IMG_0129[1].JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 3,997
  • IMG_0130[1].JPG
    IMG_0130[1].JPG
    198 KB · Views: 4,643
  • IMG_0131[1].JPG
    IMG_0131[1].JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 1,812
  • IMG_0132[1].JPG
    IMG_0132[1].JPG
    256 KB · Views: 1,395
  • IMG_0133[1].JPG
    IMG_0133[1].JPG
    271 KB · Views: 1,808
Update 2:
All set up with the Mic, all went well and the menus are very pretty and easy to use. It even told me I had one of my speakers mis-connected and was out of phase.
Sonically it is brilliant, run a couple of Blu Rays and I must say impressive! The Apple Air play from my ipod works really well and I love the idea that i don't have to have my PC on. The Denon remote app is pretty poor in my opinion, it seems to do the very basics and thats it although it did find the amp no problem.

The HDMI passthrough is a great improvement (I never had this before) so only having one HDMI run to the TV is cool, plus with 2 monitor outputs is ideal to go with my projector. I need to do some more testing however as I think theirs been a couple of handshaking problems when switching my sat box on and nothing comes through to the TV.
I have a VU+ Duo sat box which has HDMI control so when I turn it on and off it puts the TV on standby etc too. The only other issue I have here is the amp always switches on to TV/Audio source which is basically using the ARC on the HDMI with the TV. As all my TV viewing comes through the VU+ Duo you have to manually switch even though the standby passthrough on the amp is set to Cable/Sat. I can get round this by selecting to hide the TV/Audio source but if I'm trying to then watch LoveFilm or Netflix I don't get any sound back to the amp.

Hopefully these will get sorted in a future firmware release, my only other wish will be for them to raise the Sub LPF to 280hz, I have Mission M-Cubes but they're directly connected to the amp for 7.1 so from what I read I have a 30hz gap in my speaker range, not that I can tell any different.

Overall I'm a happy customer at this stage and at £849 I am not going to moan!!

Still yet to plug mine in :( I've been really busy at work , my new ptat5000 turned up2day though, and my monitor audio shadow speakers turned up a couple of days ago , so I'm really looking forward to moving house now :), I'm tempted to set a temp rig up at the mother in laws (where I'm staying) but then I might just wait until I move house. I still get really excited about getting new amps , even though this is probably my 11th denon amp :)
speaking of which I have an old denon avr3802 I'll be putting up for sale soon watch out in the classifieds a bit later , aswell as some monitor audio platinums which are already up on there .

Connected HDMI Output 1 (ARC) to LG LED TV model LG 47LM860V
Denon HDMI input CBL/SAT connected to HUMAX Foxsat-HDR/GB
Denon HDMI input Media Player to Apple TV 2012
Puzzled for a while when TV only displayed a DENON logo, removed and reinstalled all HDMI cables and HUMAX Freesat displayed on TV
Using Denon Remote easily switched between Media Player, Internet and FM radio.
During setup I have to admit that I was confused on what is the correct Denon HDMI input for my LG BD-390 Blu-ray player. Is it a DVD or the Denon display option that gives Blu-ray and Blu-ray writer (which the BD390 is not)?

Last edited:
I am a first time Denon user and finding my way around this device. However, four days in use and twice so far when using the remote selecting CBL/SAT the TV only displays Denon Logo
First checked that HDMI (ARC1) and CBL/SAT HDMI cables connected and using the Denon remote select Media Player and the Apple TV displays TV pictures OK. Re-select CBL/SAT check again that TV input is HDMI1 and stuck on display of Denon Logo.
Turned the Humax Freesat Decoder power OFF and back ON. Turned the Denon receiver power OFF and back ON several times. Eventually the CBL/SAT displays on the TV
If anyone else is experiencing similar results that I describe here and has a quick fix resolution please tell me?

Collected today Yamaha YSP-2200 Digital Sound Projector and subwoofer model NS-NSP600

Does anyone have any best practice advice on what is recommended connection method of YSP-2200 to my Denon 3313 receiver and LG LED TV 47LM860V?

PS added that I have an awkward room tiled wall to wall and running cables to any rear speakers found impractical

Last edited:
In Silver, looks classy certainly more expensive looking and bigger than the 3312.

First impressions, sound is very powerful, volume low or high. The Vocal clarity is very clear.

Will review personally and include HQ Pics soon!:smashin:

In Silver, looks classy certainly more expensive looking and bigger than the 3312.

Should be for an extra £600. I just picked up a 3312 and just couldn't justify anything available on the 3313 that justified the differential. Except that it is newer.

Should be for an extra £600. I just picked up a 3312 and just couldn't justify anything available on the 3313 that justified the differential. Except that it is newer.

The AVR3312 is a bargain now, but was originally the same price as the newer AVR3313. The newer model is definitely better built than the older model and the older model doesn't have the 3rd HDMI second zone HDMI output of the AVR3313. If both were still the same price then the AVR3313 would be the better amp and can do at least one thing the AVR3312 cannot ;)

I owned the 3312 and now I have bought the 3313 there's definitely a sonic upgrade. The unit appears to be a total revamp, at least I suspect it is (under the hood).

I'm suprised but Denon have raised the performance bar IMO.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom