Denon AVR-3312 receiver - channels not working

dshaji

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello there.
I own a denon AVR-3312 AV receiver for teh last 3 months. So far it has been one of my best buys ever. Until recently when my son started to complain that the sound through Sky isn't too clear and he could hardly hear the voice while the music seems okay.

I heard some clicking noise from the amplifier now and then but ignored it.

I initially thought it was to do with some settings on the amplier. I use the amp with a Bose AM10 speaker cubes.

I did a test tone to start with and there was no sound from the 'centre' and the 'Sorround' Right and 'Surround Left'. The Left, Right and Surround Back seems to be perfect.

Suspected that it could be a connection problem with the speaker wires, but all looks okay.
I changed teh mode from Cinema to Music and can hear some volume from teh center speaker when playing Sky. However the test tone still doesn't play the above said speakers.

I took a backup of my config and did a factory reset by following Denon's instructions but still the same issue.

Any help before I start to figure out on how to send my amplifier for a warranty service?

Thanks in advance.

Called up my retailer today and looks like I may have to send it to them for a warranty repair. In the meantime, can anyone else think of anything else that I could try before I send it across.
The Bose speakers are just passive ones and there isnt any problem with the speakers as such.

Thanks
Shaji.D

I thought the Bose speakers were connected to the module and the module connects to the Receiver with a special cable? Or have you connected the speakers directly to the Denon?

The bose speakers connect to the receiver through the passive sub woofer of Bose. You cannot connect the speaker cubes directly to the receiver. Dont think there is any issue with the speakers as such. I swapped the cubes and still the same issue.

Have you tried swapping the cables at the Denon end? That will indicate if it's the module or the Denon.

I have exactly the same problem with the same channels!!!!

Can you tell me how you remedied it?

Thanks

I have the same problem.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.....

My suggestion is switch it off, box it up as if returning it, jiggle it about a bit as though it's in transit, take it back out of box and restart!!!! That's what I did except I actually ended up sending my amp off for a warranty repair. He took it out, fully tested it, found nothing wrong (so he said) and returned it. I felt a right burk... It's worked ever since??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom