Denon AVR 3312 a good match?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Paino, Jan 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Paino

Paino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Currently running an Onkyo 606 with Kef Q's and in the market for a new AVR. I have seen the Denon 3312 down from £1k to £649 (seems a bit of a bargain). Question is would it be a good match for my speakers?

Cheers.

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,409
    Kefs are neutral sounding speakers so should be fine with the Denon. The Denon is a lot different sounding amp compared to your Onkyo which you may or may not like. I would try to get a demo first to ensure you like it. Other than that it will work fine with you speakers and should give a good upgrade in sound from your speakers.

3. Paino

Paino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it's hard to tell as I have nothing to compare it to but it's certainly not a horrible sound. I haven't found many reviews on the 3312 but the owners thread seems pretty positive. If the Kefs are neutal sounding, is there any other particular brand of AVR i should look into?

Cheers.

4. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,409
    The speakers will work well with any make of AVR but the best AVR will depend on your personal taste in sound. Hence I may prefer them with a warm sounding receiver like the Denon but you may prefer a brighter sounding receiver like the Onkyo.

5. Paino

Paino
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, but I don't quite get the whole warm/bright argument. :confused: I mainly watch movies and like a wham factor, therefore I assume i'm more akin to a brighter sound? :rolleyes:

6. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,716
    I have just got a Yamaha RX-A810 to match with my Kef Q's and am very happy with the sound quality. I upgraded from a Sony 3500ES. The Yamaha sound is much more spacious and immersive than the Sony, fills the room very well. Can be had for about £619 at the moment I think.

Actually, I have Kef iQ's, they are probably different to the Kef Q's?

7. leeon

leeon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The denon 3312 will sound superb with the Q series, as will yamaha and marantz. although i have a denon im not overly keen on the appearance (looks cheap) compared to yamaha and marantz receivers, but it does sound very good! if you can try and get a demo of a few before you splash the cash.