Denon AVR 3312 a good match?

Paino

Standard Member
Hello,

Currently running an Onkyo 606 with Kef Q's and in the market for a new AVR. I have seen the Denon 3312 down from £1k to £649 (seems a bit of a bargain). Question is would it be a good match for my speakers?

Cheers.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Kefs are neutral sounding speakers so should be fine with the Denon. The Denon is a lot different sounding amp compared to your Onkyo which you may or may not like. I would try to get a demo first to ensure you like it. Other than that it will work fine with you speakers and should give a good upgrade in sound from your speakers.

Paino

Standard Member
Well it's hard to tell as I have nothing to compare it to but it's certainly not a horrible sound. I haven't found many reviews on the 3312 but the owners thread seems pretty positive. If the Kefs are neutal sounding, is there any other particular brand of AVR i should look into?

Cheers.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The speakers will work well with any make of AVR but the best AVR will depend on your personal taste in sound. Hence I may prefer them with a warm sounding receiver like the Denon but you may prefer a brighter sounding receiver like the Onkyo.

Paino

Standard Member
Sorry, but I don't quite get the whole warm/bright argument. :confused: I mainly watch movies and like a wham factor, therefore I assume i'm more akin to a brighter sound? :rolleyes:

Rambles

Distinguished Member
I have just got a Yamaha RX-A810 to match with my Kef Q's and am very happy with the sound quality. I upgraded from a Sony 3500ES. The Yamaha sound is much more spacious and immersive than the Sony, fills the room very well. Can be had for about £619 at the moment I think.

Actually, I have Kef iQ's, they are probably different to the Kef Q's?

leeon

Banned
The denon 3312 will sound superb with the Q series, as will yamaha and marantz. although i have a denon im not overly keen on the appearance (looks cheap) compared to yamaha and marantz receivers, but it does sound very good! if you can try and get a demo of a few before you splash the cash.