Denon AVR 3300 and audio pass thru

Chunky

Is there any way to pass audio from an input source on the above AVR to the TV so it can be played through the TV's integrated speakers? I'm trying to use bluetooth headphones (not compatible with the sources or AVR but is compatible with the TV). The TV is a Samsung Q90R.

EDIT - Familiar with the HDMI Audio out function but this seems to need switching manually between TV and AVR, looking to be able to output both simultaneously then control the actual output via the volume controls.

Last edited:

Jamie

Distinguished Member
You could use zone 2, however potentially the audio both through the AVR and throught the zone output would be the same quality, so may be restricted by the sound capabilities of your TV.

If using the separately is acceptable then enabling passthrough on standby is easier than manually switching. On my Marantz that's very similar I selected previous source for the passthrough but you can also choose a specific source of that suits better.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Is the AV receiver in question the AVR-X3300 or the older AVR3300? The later hasn't the second HDMI zone capabilities referred to is the post posted by Jamie.

If the AVR3300 then neither would it have the aforementioned HDMI passthrough in standby feature associated with newer models.

Even if you've the AVR-X3300 then neither the sercond HDMI zone or the HDMI passthrough in standby features would facilitate controlling the volume of the audio being sent to the TV via the AV receiver's remote.

Last edited:

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Would the old one even have HDMI? I think it might be older than HDMI, i.e. almost Jurassic 😀

Chunky

Thank you guys, I’ve solved the issue by binding the HDMIaudioAMP and HDMIaudioTV functions to a remote button 👍🏻

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom