denon avr-2805

flexo

hi
looking at building up a home cinema kit for the bedroom and have just won a denon avr-2805 amp of ebay. now im building it up part by part so havent bought the speakers yet. now im wanting to test that it fully works when i get and was wondering how would i test that it fully working? also will i be able to connect it to some hifi speakers that i have to make sure that sounds working on it?

davepuma

Distinguished Member
You can run the speaker test within the setup menu to ensure that sound is coming out of all the channels (speakers). Just go through the various functions on the receiver to ensure it is working and test all the inputs (at least the ones you are going to use). If the speaker impedence rating is compatible with the receiver you should be okay. Check the specs of both to see if the speakers can be hooked up to the 2805.

flexo

thanks for that. price wise is £100 a good price for it

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Not too shabby, it was £700 new IIRC. I have the next model up and am more than happy. The *05 series was very well received.

hughes2558

What about the Denon avr 3801. Would £150 be a good price for this or should I save up and go for something like the yamaha dsp ax761?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom