1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR 2805 What speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dboo, Oct 21, 2004.

1. dboo

dboo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good day to everyone. I am looking to buy the Denon Receiver and require a speaker package for around £500. I have no preference in terms of what I want nor do I know much about speakers. The speakers will be used in my lounge which is about 23 x 12. The receiver will be connected to a Panasonic HS2, Sky and Sat and a 36in TV. Use of the receiver will be 40:60 movies and music. When I play music, I do like to rank it up a bit and listen mainly to rap, hiphop and r&b.
    Any advice will be welcome. I also thinking of buying a dedicated CD/MP3 player instead of buying another DVD player which also plays CDs although I was quite taken by the Pioneer 575 due to its price and options.

2. KHCC

KHCC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You might want to have a listen to the Cantons as for movies they are dynamic and with their wide dispersion characteristics the sound stage and action around you is awesome. With music the wide dispersion again creates a wonderful feeling of space and the sound stage is wide and deep. I played DR DRE 2001 on our demo Cantons in room 1 as in there is the Pioneer AX5i amp which will produce 120 watts per channel, so quite a challenge for little satellites rated at 45 watts...... but they loved it and I couldn't even get the polyswitch tweeter protection to kick in!!! Then for a laugh and a test I set them up in room 3 running off the Myryad power amp producing 150 watts RMS into 8Ohms, Amazing. If you, would like a demo of the CD1 speaker package then give me a call. Also you could go for the Kef 1005 speaker package which is also small, stylish and aluminum with a Hi-fi back ground.

Give me a call if you require any assistance

Regards