1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon avr 2805 + evo 3b vs 1905 + mission m30

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tij303, Nov 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. tij303

tij303
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dear experts - I am agonisong over the above set ups. I have a pretty big semi conservatory/extension (18.5' x 15') that I have had discretely wired for a 6.1 set up (with 7.1 possible). ( I will only be using 2/3rds of the overall space for a home cinema set up). My dilemma is whether or not a room that size will genuinely benefit from a more expensive Denon 2805 or the cheaper 1905. Also would they both be capable of driving a full size speaker system such as the evo 3 b's, and conversely would the 2805 be a waste of time with the mission m30's ? Any advice would be apppreciated as I dont have an unlimited budget (havent bought the plasma yet) but I dont want to regret being too cheap later, and havent bought a decent set up for some years. Thanks.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    If you dont want o regret being 'to cheap later' get the 2805 and hte superb Evo 3b setup. They will realy do your room justice and are a superb all round set of speakers. Then denon will have more power than the 1905 and will be able to go loader should you warrent it without running out of steam and should also have better processing then the 1905.

Im sure the Misiions are a good setup but the AE's are better:D

3. tij303

tij303
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    DFour - thanks for that. I suppose the answer was in the question really but I have to justify the extra size and cost to the missus. Having only heard the evos I have no idea how big a sound comes out of the missions, but I actualy like decent sized speakers as long as they dont invade the room. Only problem now is that when I installed the speaker wires behind the plaster the front centres dont run to the floor i.e the evo connector level so ill have to extend them - doh! Thanks again