1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR 2805 - DVD Audio????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by a1rajput, Jan 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. a1rajput

a1rajput

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys :clap:
    Can someone tell if Denon AVR 2805 has DVD AUdio, as the spec on Denon's web site and on Pricerunner.com doesnt show DVD AUdio with it.
    And also, I am looking for Kef 2005 for them is it good combination???

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Erm... DVD-Audio will be a feature that is present on a DVD player rather than an AVR.

The AVR2805 does have 6 channel input and therefore as long as your DVD player can handle DVD-Audio you would just need to link the 6 channel output from the DVD player to the 6 channel input on the AVR.

I am not a fan of sat/sub systems and so will let others comment on how the two would pair up.

3. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    I have an AVR-2805 connected to Kef 2005.2 Speakers in 6.1 configuration and must say I am delighted with the pairing, but, no doubt, there are people around who wouldn't like the partnership - at the end of the day, you have to try these things yourself and see if they suit you.

As for DVD-A, like Astoroth says, the amp has the 6-channel input, so all you need is a DVD player with DVD-A decoding facilities, six interconnects and, as they say, Bob's your uncle.

I don't know where you live but, if you're handy to my location, you'd be welcome to pop in for a listen - I have the facility to play DVD-A's as well, so you could perhaps get the answer to all of your questions here.

Cheers,

Martin. :thumbsup:

4. AgeOwns

AgeOwns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have the Denon and Kef setup and am very happy with it. Just taken delivery today of the DTS version of Jurrasic Park to give the system a run for its money... the T-Rex sounds great.

As for SACD and DVD-A ... well I got a Pioneer 575A at xmas... but yet to get any disks... I have a Sting SACD on backorder from Amazon.... looking forward to hearing what everyone is raving about.

5. a1rajput

a1rajput

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your views, now my logic for DVD Audio is clear, another thing, would mission m7s speakers(100 w) go with this av amp, any suggetions:)

6. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Until about 9 months ago, I was running my system with Mission M74i's at the front, M72i's on stands at the rear and M7C2 centre - all were rated at 100W - they worked well, the only thing being that my wife and I both felt they were a bit on the large side for our lounge and we decided to change to the Kef eggs.

At the end of the day, as you'll read often on these forums, you need to listen to speakers to decide if they're for you or not.

Cheers,

Martin.

7. a1rajput

a1rajput

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Dude! :smashin:

8. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned: