1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR-2803 Problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Roush2k, Apr 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Roush2k

Roush2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have searched and found one other problem that someone had but mine is not a similar problem.

Unit powers up and has sound output but when I turn it up to a a good level
    -30 and under. It Shuts off? I can turn it back on and if I turn the sound up to around -37 it will stay on but that's not loud enough to really feel the effect. I want what I paid for :mad:

Any Ideas Gents?

2. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Either the amp is faulty
    Or your speakers are presenting a load that are too difficult for the amp to handle forcing it into a "safety protection mode"

3. Roush2k

Roush2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    O.K.

so I disconnected all the speakers and turned it up and it didn't cut out. I didn't even know it was possible for the speakers to effect back to the amp? I just bought new floor speakers to replace the bookshelfs.

4. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    What is the Ohm rating the new speakers?

You wouldn't be doing anything strange like running a multiple sets of speakers from the one set of binding posts.

Its a long-shot (as it doesn't sound like a short), but make sure when you re-connect the speakers, that there are no loose strands of wire touching anything else bar the amp binding post and speaker terminal. Also check the speaker wire for any signs of damage.

5. Roush2k

Roush2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So far so good :thumbsup:

Thanks, man I'd hate to see what a dealer would want just to look at this, I knew I should have bought it from retail and got a warranty like I did with the hd lcd. It was over $200 cheaper on the internet site though.

Thanks again for the help.