• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR 2311 L/R pre-outs feeding power amp

diluxe

Established Member
could someone advise/explain if the rational is correct......... I am happy with my trusty denon AV amp as an AV amp however its musical ability is somewhat limited. Can i use the Left and Right pre-outs to feed a power amp with a more musical ability to drive the fronts or will the denon still "corrupt" the sound being sent out via the preouts with its own processing and therefore i see no benefit?

if Running R700's what musical power amps are recommended, and I'll see if i can find a dealer to pair the two and have a listen.

cheers

Gaspode_TWD

Established Member
From my experience you can get a small lift from using a stand alone power amp but AV amp does impose its own limits. What are you using as your music source?

diluxe

Established Member
All my music is played via a Squeezebox touch.

Gaspode_TWD

Established Member
OK, and are you feeding this as an analogue signal or using the Denon's DAC?

And what do you feel you're missing? Definition, energy, soundstage, etc?

Last edited:

diluxe

Established Member
I'm using the denons Dac , I find the sound dull and lifeless with my q35's.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Possibly better to consider a standalone 2-ch Stereo Integrated Amp feeding your Front LR with the SB connected directly to the Stereo Amp plus Front LR Out of the AVR feeding the Stereo Amp for Surround duties.

Look for an Integrated with a 'Unity Gain' Input which simplifies integration when using it in conjunction with an AVR.

Joe

Gaspode_TWD

Established Member
You're not that far from me and I've a couple of bits you might like to try to see what works best. Some I'm happy to lend out and a few you'd have to listen to at my place. If you're interested contact me by PM. I'm in Thame by the way.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom