Denon AVR 2310 - Virgin HD box keeps rebooting

kevosulluk

Standard Member
I hope someone can help me here. I've been crawling through various forums and have not been able to find a solution to my problem.

Basically, when I connect my Virgin HD box to my Denon 2310 via HDMI, the virgin box boots up and displays a message that it needs to install updates. It appears to perform 3 updates and then reboots, but displays the same screen again. This continues to happen in an endless loop.

To get around this, I have connected the virgin box directly to my tv, and then connected the tv to the amp via a Digital Optical cable. This works, but is not ideal.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any ideas on what's going wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Kev

kevosulluk

Standard Member
As a quick update to this... I've tried again and get the message "Powering up...Please wait a moment", which I would expect, but then the box reboots. This keeps happening, which leaves me unable to connect through the receiver via HDMI.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Does anyone know if the receiver sends some sort of return signal to the box via the HDMI cable that is causing the box to reboot? Or if the box is expecting some sort of return signal that it's not getting? I'm clutching at straws a bit here as I don't know enough about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom