denon avr 2310 for blu ray with cyrus 8vs2 connected for hi fi?

markwhyatt

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi guys i have denon avr 2310 amp which everything goes through at the moment - including my cyrus cd8se.
i've known for ages that i'm not doing the cd player justice with an av amp and i'm now ready to upgrade the music side of things.
am i right in thinking that i can connect an integrated amp ie: cyrus 8vs2 to the denon? or am i better buying a pre amp or power amp?
my speaker set is a bi-wireable mission e34 av setup with floorstanding fronts.
i'm planning on buying secondhand with a budget up to around £400 max
anybody out there done the same as this?
if so - whats the best way to connect up?

just been looking at bel canto s300
similar size box to cyrus
any good?

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

Any integrated amp will work with the Denon....

Obviously the front speakers and cd would be connected to it. Then use the pre outs to a suitable input on the integrated amp.

Then to use the av part you would have to use the set up mic and set the integrated amp to a volume you will be able to move to everytime you use the av. ( A few amps have a set up to automatically do this when using a certain inputs.....)

It's not overly 'wife friendly', which is why I have never done it with mine.....

Not sure what amp I would buy for your budget....as you have a cyrus cd player, a cyrus amp might be a good way to go.....

A certain mag is raving about the Yamaha A-S500 at mo???

hi pete
thanks for responding
so, the integrated amp would always be on when watching tv etc - to do the fronts?
is there no way of connecting the cyrus amp to the denon, completely bypassing any circuitry within and straight out through the front speaker terminals?
i looked in to this briefly about 12 months ago and it was one of the reasons i went for the denon
i just can't remember the specifics

Yes the integrated amp will run the fronts whatever source is used.....so needs to be on.

The pre outs from the denon will connect, using analogue leads, to any input (line 1, for example) on the integrated amp....for av use

Using pure direct on amp would give a good signal to the speaker terminal, and out to the fronts....:thumbsup:

Does that answer your questions?

i guess if you use 5.1 analogue outputs, the fronts could bypass the denon......but not 100% sure on that one...

If you use HDMI, then it'll have to throu the denon...

i think so pete,
but will i still be able to enjoy the current benefits of the denon with av?
i love it for that, i just want to do my cd player justice and really hear it how its meant to be.
i'm going to buy something anytime soon and want to make sure i'm buying the right type of amp

The improvement in the front speakers will hopefully show through with av sound, as you'll be using the amp to drive the fronts at all times......

I guess finding a similar amp in terms of tonal balance would be preferable......as the amp would run the two fronts, and the centre will need to match tonally when being driven by the denon....

To be honest, I think the denon does a good job with 2 channel.....

As you can see, I have the Marantz CD63 KI player, which used to be connected to a Marantz PM6010 KI amp and Tannoy DC2000 speakers....

Ok the denon isn't quite as good, but it's a good compromise....

It now sounds so much better with my new KEF Q500's.....:thumbsup:

yes thats the thing that concerns me, do you know of anybody on here that has done such a setup?

No, to be honest, I don't......

Maybe look in the denon section, in the 'Manufacturer' section?

i agree with you, i think the denon does a better job than my old yamaha av amp.
but after reading and hearing so many people saying basically 'whats the point in having a high end cd player and sending it to an av amp?'
i think i just need to buy one and see if it really does improve the sound, if it doesn't i can always sell it on

Not got a mate with an integrated amp you can borrow for a weekend to test it out?

Maybe asking a shop for home demo of an amp, or even for them to set up the denon 2311(current) with an integrated amp to show the difference?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom