• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR 2308 Stereo Not working

klaasvs31

Standard Member
I have a Denon AVR 2308 for over 6 months now, but I'm not able to get Stereo to work on it. Nor does Direct or Pure direct work for me.

Dolby Digital, DTS, 5-channel stereo and all works great, it is just the 2 channel modes that do not work for me.

I have connected a HTPC over Optical, an XBOX360 over Optical and a Squeezebox over normal RCA connection (also tried Coax digital).

I have 5 speakers and a subwoofer connected.

Does anybody have a similar problem or a solution??

anovikov

Standard Member
I had the same problem when I first installed 2308. I'm not sure of the reason for this but reverting to the factory default settings, reading manual and setting all once again works perfectly. My guess is that the reason for this behaviour is wrong Amp Assign settings. You can try to experiment with them first.
Yours,
Alexei.

klaasvs31

Standard Member
Thanks for your reply anovikov!

Will try to reset to factory defaults tonight and start the setup again.
Will post my outcome later.

klaasvs31

Standard Member
I did the Microprocessor reset and did the whole setup again, but this didn't seem to work...

Then I changed my Amp assign from 2ch/Multi-ch (auto) to 7.1 ch and this did the trick. Strange but it worked in the end.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom