Denon AVR 2113 Owners Thread - Part 2

I'm led to believe that when the data stream for Internet radio is weak it will revert/ try and find the nearest less data required station, ie trying to buffer

If the internet station is set as a favourite on the amp, the amp will go back to main home screen when the connection bite stream is low, if you do not have the amp connected to a monitor/screen you will not see this happen very clearly via the ampdidplay, it is thou more visible on the iPad/tvusing the denon app.

Some stations on my amp will take a while to log on and then say unable to play.

If you find the internet radio stations via the amp are physically cutting out then try these things resetting your router

Switching or select different port on back if router, complete a hard reset of the router.

Install or replace filter on main telephone line,

Switch of other devices using the router wifi like laptop, tablets, phones,

Replace telephone lead between router and phone socket.

Try to limit phone extension leads being used. The router should always get connected to the 1st incoming socket into the building

Complete a broadband speed check

Last edited:
I'm led to believe that when the data stream for Internet radio is weak it will revert/ try and find the nearest less data required station, ie trying to buffer

If the internet station is set as a favourite on the amp, the amp will go back to main home screen when the connection bite stream is low, if you do not have the amp connected to a monitor/screen you will not see this happen very clearly via the ampdidplay, it is thou more visible on the iPad/tvusing the denon app.

Some stations on my amp will take a while to log on and then say unable to play.

If you find the internet radio stations via the amp are physically cutting out then try these things resetting your router

Switching or select different port on back if router, complete a hard reset of the router.

Install or replace filter on main telephone line,

Switch of other devices using the router wifi like laptop, tablets, phones,

Replace telephone lead between router and phone socket.

Try to limit phone extension leads being used. The router should always get connected to the 1st incoming socket into the building

Complete a broadband speed check

Thanks... this is very useful intelligence. Sounds exactly like what is happening. We need a better broadband connection. Considering getting another broadband line, and then just leaving the denon on the original conection, with very little else, so it shouldn't be so flaky. We get an 11mbps connection via broadband speed check.. but it is used by 3 computers, and the Denon. Even worse, I don't think it's a constant 11mbps, it seems to go down a hell of a lot.. very unreliable. Hmm.!

fewleh said:
Thanks... this is very useful intelligence. Sounds exactly like what is happening. We need a better broadband connection. Considering getting another broadband line, and then just leaving the denon on the original conection, with very little else, so it shouldn't be so flaky. We get an 11mbps connection via broadband speed check.. but it is used by 3 computers, and the Denon. Even worse, I don't think it's a constant 11mbps, it seems to go down a hell of a lot.. very unreliable. Hmm.!

11 Mbps is to low the amp requires a recommended 128mbps , this is were your problem lies. The Internet radio on the amp will not run on that low Mbps

Last edited:
11 Mbps is to low the amp requires a recommended 128mbps , this is were your problem lies. The Internet radio on the amp will not run on that low Mbps

11Mbps is tons for internet radio.
Most stations are 128Kbps or less. CD is only 320kbps.

Lancelot said:
11Mbps is tons for internet radio.
Most stations are 128Kbps or less. CD is only 320kbps.

The reason the Internet radio is cutting out is loss of available data available to the router or from the router, as mentioned computers on the same router will soon use up the available data. If being usec as business, There may be 11mbps this is a lot but how much is getting to the amp, this Is were the issue is, and most properly the root cause of the loss of Internet radio.

This is why the radio is cutting out because its not getting all its available information to the amp to broadcast the station.

Also some tills and blue tooth chip and pin devices all use the network, another area were data will be used up.

Added
Copied from fault help on user manual

Required system
recommend a switching hub with a speed of 100 Mbps or greater
n Broadband internet connection
n Modem
Device that connects to the broadband circuit and conducts communications on the Internet. A type that is integrated with a router is also available.
n Router
When using this unit, we recommend you use a router equipped with the following functions:
• Built-in DHCP server
This function automatically assigns IP
addresses on the LAN.
• Built-in 100BASE-TX switch
• If you have an Internet provider contract for a line on which network settings are made manually, make the settings at “Network” (vpage 118).
• With this unit, it is possible to use the DHCP and Auto IP functions to make the network settings automatically.
• When using this unit with the broadband router’s DHCP function enabled, this unit automatically performs the IP address setting and other settings.
• When setting manually, check the setting contents with the network administrator.

n Ethernet cable
(CAT-5 or greater recommended)
• Use only a shielded STP or ScTP LAN cable which is available at retailer.
•The normal shielded-type Ethernet cable is recommended. If a flat-type cable or unshielded-type cable is used, other devices could be affected by noise.
• A contract with an ISP is required to connect to the Internet.
No additional contract is needed if you already have a broadband connection to the Internet.
• The types of routers that can be used depend on the ISP. Contact an ISP or a computer shop for details.
•DENON assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any communication errors or troubles resulting from customer’s network environment or connected devices.
When connecting multiple devices, we NOTE

Internet radio
Sound is broken during playback.
• Network or USB memory device’s signal transfer speed is slow or communications lines or radio station is congested. This is not a malfunction. When playing broadcast data with a high bit rate, the sound may be broken, depending on the communications conditions.

•Ethernet cable is not properly connected or network is disconnected. Check the connection status.
•Program is being broadcast in non-compatible format. Only Internet radio programs in MP3 and WMA can be played on this unit.
• The firewall of the PC or router has been activated. Check the firewall settings of the connected PC or router.
• Radio station is not currently broadcasting. Choose a radio station that is currently broadcasting.
• IP address is wrong. Check the set’s IP address.
• Some radio stations may go silent at certain times of the day. In
this case, no audio is output even when a station is received. Try again later, or switch to another radio station.

Last edited:
Sorry there must be a miscommunication on my part, i'm talking about the broadband line speed, we get a connection of 11mb/s on the broadband speed checks. That should be more than enough... 128mb/s is not feasible.. fibre optic only goes up to 56mb/s? You can't need a T1 connection for running internet radio stably! It's wired directly in to the router. But that info is very useful that you've pasted, thanks.. will look at it more closely tomorrow.. worth looking at. Ordered another broadband line today, so can just leave the denon on it's own broadband line.. that's gotta sort it out. Really just need it to be reliable. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond.. you're a legend on this thread by the looks of it :)

Last edited:
Another broadband line seems a bit extreme , can't you buy a new router that will allocate bandwidth at whatever level you specify.... seems that would fix your problem to me....

Sorry there must be a miscommunication on my part, i'm talking about the broadband line speed, we get a connection of 11mb/s on the broadband speed checks. That should be more than enough... 128mb/s is not feasible.. fibre optic only goes up to 56mb/s? You can't need a T1 connection for running internet radio stably! It's wired directly in to the router. But that info is very useful that you've pasted, thanks.. will look at it more closely tomorrow.. worth looking at. Ordered another broadband line today, so can just leave the denon on it's own broadband line.. that's gotta sort it out. Really just need it to be reliable. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond.. you're a legend on this thread by the looks of it :)

128kb/s is in relation to the bitrate used to encode the broadcast and not the speeed of your broadband connection, besides which, fibre optic broadband can exceed 56Mb/s. I've a 120Mb connection at my disposal.

I'd suggest the issue to have something to do with either your router or the internet service you subscribe to.

fewleh said:
Ordered another broadband line today, :)

Glad you have got it sorted,
Must admit we've had a business line put in for my wife business telephone line, it is bt and bt router, we then have a sky router and home telephone line, there is a massive difference in speed and availability between the two lines. 9meg on the bt and
2.1meg on the sky.

Glad you have got it sorted,
Must admit we've had a business line put in for my wife business telephone line, it is bt and bt router, we then have a sky router and home telephone line, there is a massive difference in speed and availability between the two lines. 9meg on the bt and
2.1meg on the sky.

Interesting -- We get 11meg on the BT, and when I had sky up until a few months ago in the same building, we were getting around 19meg. Re-ordered the SKY line, so hopefully that sorts the problem out. It's a BT business broadband line that we have at the moment.. but we're not using their router.. just a random belkin set up.. so think I'll also dig out their router and see if it's any better.

It's so frustrating.. buildings just up the same road from us get fibre broadband (75m away?), and then buildings the other side of us get fibre optic too (50m away?).. but we can't get it. Really wierd, as we are town centre.. it just seems to skip a few blocks. Not sure when they plan on upgrading us?!

Your existing service should be enough to provide you with the required bandwidth to facilitate internet radio? :confused:

This would be the case even if using the same service to both access internet radio while also browsing the internet elsewhere via another computer. Even using that PC to view content being streamed to it via the BBC's iPLayer service while also streaming net radio to the AV receiver wouldn't cause the type of issues you are experiencing.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually tried that? The manual seems to know about the standard but nothing in the Network Setup section so I believe it isn't implemented. Wiring TV/receiver/player/PC is hell. Depressing.

Has anyone actually tried that? The manual seems to know about the standard but nothing in the Network Setup section so I believe it isn't implemented. Wiring TV/receiver/player/PC is hell. Depressing.

Has anyone tried what?

The ethernet channel aspect of HDMI 1.4 is not mandatory and no AV manufacturer has implemented it.

Last edited:
Is it possible to change the tv programs with the 2113 remote control?
Thank you.

Is it possible to change the tv programs with the 2113 remote control?
Thank you.

No, the remote supplied with the AVR2113 has no universal remote capabilities and can only control the AVR2113 via infra red.

bought a pair of dali zensor 7's brand new inc shipping for 460, should be here in a weeks time
i can not wait to test them on the amp.
so far no new problems
debating on selling my current kit once the new set arrives

I have a new Sony BDP-S790 player and can't get it to send sound in bitstream so I can get DTS-HD, I have everything setup on the BD player correctly as per info from the BDP-S790 thread, but still no joy, I their something I need to do on the AVR as I've noticed that the unit is displaying everything in PLII regardless, for e.g my sky cable box sends stereo through the HDMI but the AVR displays PLII

Is their a factory reset on the AVR and I will start again or is their something simple I have done wrong.

Any help appreciated

I have a new Sony BDP-S790 player and can't get it to send sound in bitstream so I can get DTS-HD, I have everything setup on the BD player correctly as per info from the BDP-S790 thread, but still no joy, I their something I need to do on the AVR as I've noticed that the unit is displaying everything in PLII regardless, for e.g my sky cable box sends stereo through the HDMI but the AVR displays PLII

Is their a factory reset on the AVR and I will start again or is their something simple I have done wrong.

Any help appreciated

Well it works fine for me. When the receiver gets the DTS HD flag it should automatically decode and play that format. Are you 100% sure you have set the player up correctly? Bitstream should be on and BD secondary audio should be off.

You can select sound modes other than pro logic by using the coloured buttons at the bottom of the remote.

Hi thanks for the reply. I'm sure I've gt something wrong.

Here's my BD settings
Audio (HDMI) set to auto
DSD OUTPUT. OFF
BD AUDIO MIXING. OFF
DD/DTS. BTSTREAM
DTS.NEO. OFF
AUDIO ARC AUTO
DOWNMIX. STEREO

You can't select bitstream on the BD player for HDMI only auto

My AVR isn't receiving the DTS HD signal, when I ave checked the menu on the films they are set to DTS HD, but my AVR isn't seeing this.

Try setting the downmix option to "surround" instead.

Still the same, I've noticed regardless of the setting the info sates:

Sound mode stereo
Input signal PCM
sample Rate 48kHz
Format 2/0/.02

Even though I select different sound output from BD player, e.g 1:1248 DTS-HD master audio 5.1ch 48khz

Hope this makes sense.

To do a factory reset you have to switch amp off unplug everything except the speakers and the hdmi lead to the tv.

Hold the two plus and minus radio tuning buttons on the front of the avr, while holding both of them down switch on the amp and keep holding the buttons until the LCD display flashes every other second, release the the buttons and you avr is factory reset.

The amp will auto switch to Dts hd or d/d if the signal there and passed on, but several several things is needed, ie the hdmi lead is supplying the signal across, the input for the blue ray player is set up currently, this is all you will need its really basic stuff, did you manual set up or audyysey xt set up

Checked you input on amp for the blueray player
Checked hdmi leads is correct may be swapped one over
Factory reset and start over again.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom