jgw123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Grateful for any advice and assistance you're able to offer.

I have a Denon AVR 2113 running input from the following sources -

SKY Q
Denon DBT-1713UD (Blu Ray)
Amazon Fire
Camera DVR (iwatch)

The Sky Q (and the Blu Ray) used to constantly flicker on the screen or would loose connection for a split second (the window in the top corner of the screen 'HDMI1' would come up) or the screen would go blank (no signal displayed on screen) but the sound would continue to play. It has now pretty much stopped playing Sky Q (and Blu Ray) altogether.
Amazon Fire & Camer DVR continue to show just fine on the screen.

I have tried connecting the HDMI directly between Sky Q and the screen (samsung LED) and it works just fine.
Interestingly the Blu Ray plays sound but not video when connected directly to the screen.

Any thoughts or experience on this would be very much appreciated. Guessing it is an AVR problem as Sky Q works on the same HDMI cable direct to screen but confused by the Blu Ray lacking video.

Many Thanks in advance.

If you have, or can borrow, a different HDMI lead then I would try that first. It could simply be a HDMI lead issue with the player, stranger things have happened. If that fails to resolve the problem then it could be the HDMI board issue on the player, which must be a fair age by now.

Thanks gibbsy. Thought about trying a new HDMI lead but it is a bit of a pain to do so didn't do it as the sky q worked fine through the HDMI lead direct to screen so assumed the HDMI lead was not the issue. Might be able to try new HDMI lead to a different screen over the weekend. Will borrow a small screen which i can take close to the player.
Both player and avr are 6 years old now

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom