Denon AVR-2113 and Pioneer PDP-436SXE setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rich25571, Feb 26, 2013.

1. rich25571

rich25571
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a Denon AVR-2113 that I need to connect to my Pioneer PDP-435SXE plasma. The problem I have is, I also have a ps3 and a sky hd box in the setup but I only have 1 hdmi connection on my plasma and I'm just after some advise as to the best best way to set all this up... it's the single hdmi on the plasma that is causing the problem. Recommendations for the best solution much appreciated! :)

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Connect both to the AVR via hdmi and use the AVR as a switching hub which is one of its main features. With sky +HD you will also need to use an optical or digi-coax cable to get DD5.1. You will need to visit the AVR input assignment menu so that it takes the audio from the digital audio input rather than the default HDMI input. This is because sky+HD only outputs stereo over HDMI. The AVR will then pass the picture to your plasma via a single HDMI cable.

I know the manual might appear daunting at first but I would suggest reading it from the beginning to familiarise yourself with the AVR. Batpig used to do a Denon guide which was easier to understand than the manual. Whilst it might not cover the latest models, it might be worth downloading as the menu layouts and general principles are the same. Feel free to ask any questions on here but there is more than likely an owners thread in the AV receivers sub forum.

Set your ps3 up as per the sticky thread in the av receivers sub forum. It does not just apply to Onkyo.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-amplifiers-receivers/696423-faq-setting-up-ps3-onkyo-amp.html

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013