1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon Avr 2105

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by neal666, Jan 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. neal666

neal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi guys

please help.
    i have the above avr and have just orderd a plasma with component in. can i connect my dvd and ntl digital to svideo inputs and output them via component to the plasma? any help would be great

2. neal666

neal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    please ?

3. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    From what I have read about this amp I would say that you can and it will upscale resolution as well.

4. neal666

neal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    anyone else who might know ?

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    It will upconvert from S-Video to Component but it won't increase the resolution as it has no built-in scaling. The only Denon AV Amp/Receiver with scaling (via HDMI/DVI) is the new Flagship A1XV.

6. neal666

neal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    sorry for being thick but does this just mean i will only get the s-video resolution from the component cable

7. tij303

tij303
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    neal666 I have been searching a lot of threads on this subject as I have a not disimilar problem - getting either an s video or a.n.other signal into the component input of a plasma prerably via the amp. I appreciate Jace says that the denon will upscale your s video to component but my understanding was that you would need to either a 2805 or 3805 for conversion. Having looked at the tech specs on superfi :blush: for the 2105 it seems to bear this out. (They also have downloadable pdf files for the manuals and brochures on most amps which I found helpful.)

The nearest thing I have found (and ordered) at that price bracket is the yamaha dsp ax750 (£369 from empiredirect) which will convert all manner of signals both up and down. The review says that the conversion is 'nothing special' but I dont know if the s-video upscale is actually a true component feed signal - I think there is always a bit of degradation and maybe it depends on your eye sight or the size of your anorak ! :) Apparently if the source is orginally component fed through an amp and out again it has no effect on the signal.

Finally another point to consider is lip syncing on plasmas displaying sky - the Yamaha has an audio delay feature that helps compensate for this as well so it might be more of what you need. You dont mention which plasma you are buying but mine is a panny pw6 and apparently suffers quite acutely with sky.

8. patr1ck

patr1ck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The confusion with the 2105 arises because the U.S. version does convert from S-Video to Component. Unfortunately we only get this from the 2805 upwards.

Pat

9. SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (Me=USA)

i have a 1905 and it will "up-convert" to any higher quality. It will also down convert.

It will not scale (holy moly that would be amazing if they put that in a afordable unit)