1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR 2105 setup help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mtewari, Mar 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mtewari

mtewari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought the Denon 2105 (US model). I am having trouble with the following two functions. These features are probably the same in most Denon models so any input is appreciated

1) Autosetup using the microphone: It goes though all my speakers (I have 5 + sub and I have the receiver set to zone 2 so that it does not send signal to surround back which I don't have) and I can hear the test tone from them, but in the last step I get an error that says "M/S Error" or Micorphone or speakers not detected. Do I need to turn the mic on in any way? Is there a way I can test the mic actually works? Since I am hearing sounds from all speakers can this still be a loose connection problem?

2) Video upconvert: I have both S video and component going in from my cable box to the receiver and S video from my DVD to the receiver (which I will upgrade shortly :) ). I have the output going to an Infocus X1 projector. I can only see the HDTV portions of cable via the component. I have to also connect my S-Video out to the projector and then I can see both DVD and regular cable via S-video. Does this upconvert feature need to be turned on in some way or am I missing something?

thanks for the beedback

Manik

2. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    Go to the speaker setup before you do the calibration, set the surround back to Off, not Zone 2

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    The 2105 does not have the ability to up s.video to component (it can only upgrade composite to s.video) - the ability to go up to component starts at the 2805 model.

4. mtewari

mtewari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ozdvduser, thanks for the tip, I will try it this evening and post how it goes.

Astaroth, I am in the US and the 2105 model here definately claims to have the upconversion from s video to component (and composite to component). I can't figure out if it is supposed to happen automatically and is not, or if it has something to do with my projector.

5. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    MTE - I didnt note that you were in the usa (not that I knew there was a difference on this model between the UK & USA any way :rolleyes: )

As a UK spek AVR2805 owner all I can say is that my AVR automatically ups any video input to component without having selected any option to do this.

6. mtewari

mtewari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I tried switched surround back speakers off. Still the same result :(....

7. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Where are your surrond back speakers? they should be connected to surrond A, not surround back. It then does not matter if the speakers are set to zone 2 or main the auto detect will detect this. Unless you are running zone 2 then set it as this.

8. mtewari

mtewari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. mtewari

mtewari

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the upconversion issue I had been having, it ended up being with my Projector.

I took my receiver to a friend that has a TV with component inputs, and the upconvertion worked from both composite and S-Video inputs.

My Infocus X1 does not have direct component input. I have to use a component-VGA adapter to feed component in. It recognizes 1080i but might not recognize the upconverted signal..