1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon avr 2105 - overload?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tellerto, Oct 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tellerto

tellerto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have owned the 2105 receiver for only 4 weeks, pretty happy with purchase. But yesterday I was listening to a rock cd at medium levels in 'stereo', then decided to flick to 'direct' via the remote. The amp immediately cut out, and the on light turned to flashing red. I pressed the standby button, expecting it to reset. There was a small pop sound from within the amp. Now it wont start beyond a couple of seconds of trying to boot up - the green lamp changes to flashing red. I did a power down, double checked (then disconnected) all speaker and input leads, but no go.

I don't reckon the amp was being stressed at all when it gave up. There were no stray cable strands at the speaker terminals - I have banana plugs throughout. Speakers tested out ok an another amp.

It is now in the local repair shop. But should I have tried another reset trick via the speaker A/B buttons - as I've seen in another thread? Has anyone else experienced this problem in the avr range?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +891
  3. darron027

darron027

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hi, I had the exact same problem a couple of months ago.
    Tried to reset but still would not work.
    Had to take back to a seven oaks store from which I purchased it. The guys in the shop tried to sort it also, but they neither could get it going again.
    It was sent back to denon uk. I do not think they could fix it either as they replaced it with a new one a week later.
    All the feedback I got from denon stated that I should be careful with the setting for the cross-over point on the amp setting menue.

Think you are right about the fact that there must be a dodgy batch

4. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What speakers where they, whats the spec?