Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

denon avr-2105 not staying on - help !

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ianch, Aug 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Ianch

Ianch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when I switch my denon amp on the power on/standby switch goes from red to green then after 2 seconds reverts back to red ! I can't get any sound out of it because it won't stay on - any ideas !

2. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    Check the speaker terminals aren't short-circuited - you may have a stray strand of wire across them which is causing the protection circuits to cut in.

3. Ianch

Ianch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have disconnected everything - still get the same thing - any other ideas or should I contact the HiFi shop I bought it from ?

4. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    In that case, I'm afraid it sounds as if a trip back to the dealer may be in order. The only other thing that might be tripping the protection circuits is if the amp is overheating, but assuming you haven't mounted it in an oven, that seems unlikely after 2 seconds ;-)

Before you do, do look very carefully around the speaker terminals and make sure there aren't any stray strands of wire shorting something, even with all the cables disconnected - it wouldn't take any more than one single strand from within a speaker cable to have come adrift to cause a short that would shut the amp down, and that wouldn't be easy to spot.