Denon AVR 1913 playing MP3 sources to quiet

Shpongle

Standard Member
Good morning all,

I've been a long time lurker on these forums. I used it a lot to read others reviews and such. I now have some actual equipment so I figured I would join and be productive.

Anyways I have a Denon AVR 1913 that works great in every way except that when I try to play sources that are MP3 based. They are very quiet, and turning the volume near max produces little results. It does this with MP3 files over DLNA and streaming options such Pandora. I have tried adjusting the line source level, but I just seem to get a slight hiss when the volume is turned up that way. Especially when I'm trying to play classical music.

Most of my digital music is in FLAC format and those play perfectly fine over DLNA. They are loud and clear even at mid level volumes. Here's the kicker though, I took an MP3 file that I know plays quietly, converted it to a FLAC file, and then played it over DLNA. It then played loud and clear like everything else.

So why does this AVR play MP3 so quietly? Is this a common thing? Right now I have the volume on 76 and the source level is set to 7+ Db and it's not even loud. My wife should be fussing at me to turn it down at this level. LOL

Def Tech ProMonitor 1000s BTW

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom