• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon avr-1910 basic connections

simrocks

Standard Member
Good morning all

Would really appreciate if someone could advise me on wiring my old Denon AVR 1910 to my freesat box, blu-ray and Samsung tv. Had the set up for a few years and recently moved house - in the rush forgot to make notes as to how the previous wires were connected. Spent yesterday getting more confused as the day went on, losing what little hair I already had!!

My blu-ray plays fine in 5.1, but can't get picture/sound from freesat box. Should the bluray & sat be wired by HDMI to the amp and then amp to tv? Where should the digital optical go please?

I know questions appear basic and have searched online but everything these days seems to be for ARC AVRs which seems a little more straightforward.

I look forward to hearing from someone - many thanks in anticipation.

gibbsy

Best think you can do is to browse through the manual again. It's pretty straight forward really. The Sky box can be connected either by optical or HDMI, optical will only give you sound though. Look at the back of the receiver you have four HDMI, all of which are labelled.
DENON AVR-1910 OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download.

simrocks

Standard Member
Thanks gibbsy for the prompt response and the link. I've managed to get the picture and sound now, however, upon turning off the amp I've now got no sound from the tv, only the picture. I'll keep working on it.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom