Quantcast

Denon AVR 1907 No SACD/DVD-Audio??

LBC8556

Standard Member
When playing DVD-A or SACD there is no signal being output to the rear speakers, just the front three plus sub. All 6 (5.1) speakers are properly connected. I have connected the rear speakers to “surround” on back of amp as opposed to “surround back”.
In the amp’s menu under “speaker Configuration” I have selected “S Back = None”. DVD player connected to amp using optical/co-ax and 6 phono connects for the 5.1Ch output. I have also selected EXT IN on amp and 5.1 output in DVD player’s menu.
Dts music discs and Dts films, together with DD 5.1 are working fine and output correctly. Interestingly, when I incorrectly connected the rear speakers to “surround back”, SACD and DVD-A did output to the rears when selecting EXT IN on amp. Only problem here was that EXT IN had to be selected when listening to all the other formats too.
It must be possible to listen to SACD, DVD-A, Dts and DD5.1 with this amp without the need for four rear speakers?? In which case does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong??
Thanks

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Probably obvious but have you checked the 5.1 analogue connections to make sure you've connected them to SR and SL and NOT SBR and SBL?

LBC8556

Standard Member
Probably obvious but have you checked the 5.1 analogue connections to make sure you've connected them to SR and SL and NOT SBR and SBL?
You are right; it is obvious. In fact so obvious I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it. Probably never would have. Then I realised that I originally had the rear speakers connected up wrongly to SBL and SBR instead of SL and SR. But after I changed them I forgot to change the analogue inputs on the amp.

Just swapped them around and everything now works as it should. Thanks a million.

Top Bottom