Denon Avr 1907 Connections

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by hecmac, Jan 14, 2008.

1. hecmac

hecmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,
    I am just waiting on my Denon AVR 1907 and have been reading the instructions for the last week!Could anyone tell me that i have got the right cable connections.my tv is a Sony x series bravia.

(1)TV-to-AMP 1RGB PHONO/BNC 1 TWIN PHONO LEAD

(2)DVD-to-AMP 1RGB PHONO/BNC 1 COAXIAL DIGITAL AUDIO

(3)SKY+-to-AMP 1 OPTICAL DIGITAL AUDIO

any advice would be a great help

hecmac

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    It sounds about right, you just have the terminology a little mixed up. I presume you are trying to connect the DVD player to the amp (video) and the amp to the TV (video) using Component (YpBpR) cables i.e. Reg/Blue/Green RCA phono connectors? Component video is different to RGB, see wikipedia for an explanation (better than I could give here). As I don't know the exact connections on the back of your TV, I can only presume that it has analogue audio output (red/white RCA phono connectors). If it does, then your plan is good to go. You might have to connect up the DVD player by SCART first (with the component cables also connected) and go into the DVD player's menu to set it to output in YpBpR component (also known as YUV). This setup should give you access to the amp's setup menu on the screen. A SCART cable will also be required for the sky+ to the TV, ensure it is set to RGB, 16:9 and Scart Control 'on' in the picture settings menu (under Services).

You will also have to assign the component video and digital audio inputs to match your equipment and rename them to customise it to say e.g. Sky+ and so on. You didn't specify the make/model of DVD player but if it is a progressive scan model (check manual) with component video output, it will be fine. BNC connectors aren't used much in home av, they're found more commonly on pro equipment.

3. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    It is unlikely that anything will be using BNC connections
    (unless you are talking about a component video cable connection on the TV (but BNC is still unusual)
    Everything on the amp is Phono

You don't need any special cable for digital coax ...... 1/2 of any twin phono cable will be fine.

I purchased the 1907 amp from Richersounds last week for £170
    It's horribly, horribly complicated and the remote is a nightmare, sounds good though.
    You can reassign inputs all over the place, rename everything and it even complains if you connect the speakers out of phase.

4. hecmac

hecmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help but about the RGB PHONO,I told the guy in MAPLINS to give me two component video connection cables(as per manual) and that is what he gave me,anymore help

cheers hecmac

5. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
  6. hecmac

hecmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks pjclark1,i looked at your link and the guy in maplins gave me a RGB VIDEO LEAD instead of the COMPOSITE VIDEO A/V LEAD.Thanks alot and i know this is real cheeky of me, is there any chance of sending me a photo of the back of your amp with your connections because i am now panicking after a guy like you saying "it's horribly difficult to set up"trust me to get a nightmare of avr.
    cheers hecmac:lease:

7. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    [​IMG]

Your leads should be red/blue/green (component). If they are yellow/red/white (composite) they will still work, just not the correct coloured ends.

8. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Amps aren't that daunting to setup IMHO (I've done a few though), just take your time and follow the instructions doing it one step at a time. Connect everything up and then go into the amp's menu and set the speaker distances, sizes, input assignments and so on. Once you have the basics you can tweak it, adjusting sub crossovers and so on. After you've set it up, you'll be wondering what all the fuss is about!!

9. hecmac

hecmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Davepuma and Pjclark1,can't wait to hear this sysyem(if i ever get it going.ha!ha!)

cheers hecmac:thumbsup: