1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon avr-1804

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bowenjones, Oct 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +436
  2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Over the 1803 it offers an improved power supply (always handy), an extra 10 watts in the power output specs, and onscreen displays.

Don't think there's much else of significance. Same Processor, same features elsewhere.

It's available in silver too.

3. adc2000974

adc2000974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not too mention its about 2kg ligher!

4. adc2000974

adc2000974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear AV Forum & 1803(4) owners

There was something that bugged me in the pdf spec sheet on the denon website, for the 1803 it mention something about 24bit dsp, but it didnt for the 1804, i think that needed some sort of answer.
    quote 'A high-quality 24-bit fixed point DSP processor'
    Denon said nothing about it in the 1804 version other then '32bit melody dsp' doesnt say floating point, there is a difference.
    However it does say '32 bit floating point hammerhead' for the 2803, a lague ahead i know.

Other then that well its all just dandy, i thought the 3d processing was a little less dynamic and more controlled, dull maybe then others, i am referring to one of my first av recievers a pioneer which seemed to push its boundies, when the 1803 seems too stay well with in its own.

Its not a major beef, but i am critical over it.
    Overall its a great product.

Regards Adam C

5. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    Some quoted summaries from Areadvd.de test.

Translated with babelfish

"With the document "Avr-1804" lie the things however differently: The "Newcomer" sounds more freshly, more dynamic and more voluminoeser than the Avr-1803. Not that the predecessor would now be not convincing any longer." "With the class-best pro Logic 2-Integration and noticeably the output stages more highly loadable in the comparison to the Avr-1803 the new Denon offers so much the fact that some will ask themselves whether transferred itself to that approximately 400 EUR more expensive Avr-2803 at all is worth."

"The Avr-2803 bring along the aufwaendigere technology and the aufwaendigeren structure, real differences is however noticeable only if one uses the AV aV-Receiver in larger hearing areas."

"While one can recommend the 1803 easily for areas up to 30 square meters, the Avr-2803 is already suitable for the premises up to 40 square meters. Here everyone should ask itself, which requirement profile it places against its AV-Receiver. The Avr-1804 can convince also apart from the klang performance approximately: Its equipment is rich and meaningful, the used building groups is from very good quality."

"Our class primus, Yamaha Rx-v740, has thus received a serious competitor - both devices mark momentarily in the class approximately around 600 EUR. Which of the two AV-Receiver should be it finally, is a question of the personal priorities. While the Denon can offer the class-best Dolby pro Logic 2-Integration and the class-best performance of the output stages with high volumes, the Yamaha counters the best Stereoklang of its class and an unsurpassed acoustic total harmony. Both AV-Receiver shine with a cleared up, clear and clean high clay/tone range and a very good being correct rendition. While the Denon represents voices still more sensitively, the Yamaha acts with middle volumes with again more violent start. Other detail training is with both AV-Receivern on considerable level. Altogether show both AV-Receiver, which for a very justifiable financial expenditure in these priceclass today is feasible - congratulation."

Wasabi